Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk - Top Ten Scorer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
What did management say about Subban that the media spewed and fans turned on him? As far as I can remember, management didn't say anything disparaging about PK the player or the person. Whether true or false, MB was adamant that this was a hockey trade. Anything else said about PK was on the media themselves and fans started forming their opinions based on that. Not all fans, mind you. Some already felt this way and others never bought a word of it.

But it's not management that spun or said anything that made fans turn on a player.

Management launches trial balloons through the media.

It's not a coincidence they hired a guy off the Antichambre chair.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Management launches trial balloons through the media.

It's not a coincidence they hired a guy off the Antichambre chair.

Agreed. RDS crew is part of the Habs PR team. Everything is simpler when you add that little piece of information. :laugh:

I mean, last year, RDS had to invite a panel of outsiders to criticize the Habs during the worst collapse in franchise history. Think about that for a minute.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
There's a difference between putting him with our best players and putting him on the wing with a bunch of scrubs after coming off injury. That SHOULD be obvious to anyone.

He played with the best players of the team when he got back.

And we are talking about Galchenyuk here, even if he would play with the worst players in the league, he should be able to follow the game at the very least. It's obvious that the comeback is tough on him.

He just needs time and I hope he'll find his groove back soon.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I just can't take you seriously, sorry man, I just can't...

Chucky's biggest weakness, is his coach...the coach who constantly shuffles the lines, to get DD going...and can't wait for Chucky to have a bad game, in order to move him to the wing...

Wew. No argument, just blind fanboyism.

Can you tell me what about AG's skating is great since what I pretend is so laughable?

"Waaah the coach is a big fat meanie!"

Well that team led by a suck-ass coach was better offensively without AG than with him in the line-up. He must be doing something right if he managed this feat without Jesus Galchenyuk.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
There's a difference between putting him with our best players and putting him on the wing with a bunch of scrubs after coming off injury. That SHOULD be obvious to anyone.

He played wing for what half a period? What about the other games he came back from injury? What about when he had Lek on his wing? Shaw/DD aren't as bad as you make them out to be. Like I said Max turned DD into a 55 point player.

Put Rads with DD/Shaw and I bet that becomes the habs most dangerous line.

What so far looks obvious to me is that AG can't drive a line. Until he puts up big points away from Max/Rads this is what I believe. Even last year when he centered Eller and Semin they did nothing.

Crosby makes Sheary into a 20+ goal scorer. JT turns the players he plays with into real players. McDavid turned Maroon into John Leclair. You always pump AG's tires and want him to play huge minutes but when will he show he is more than what DD and Danault are/have done?

Point is moot because I agree time to split up Max and Rads and put Rads back with AG so at least there are 2 lines. Was just hopeing that AG could center a 2nd line and make that productive on his own but for now doesn't look like thats the case.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Some of you really need to chill with this Danault talk all the time. Dude is most likely overachieving this one year. I would wait and see if he reproduces another year before even middling his name around AG's.

My only point about Danault is to show that it doesn't take much to get points by playing next to Max/Rads. So yes if you put him on a line without those I doubt he has the same numbers. Same for DD.

But how does that reflect on AG? If pretty much any player can step with those guys and get numbers, well I don't know maybe AG is a bit of a product of playing with those guys just like DD and Danault. He will have more points because he has more talent; but he is still doing what those two guys did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad