Alex Galchenyuk first career Hat-Trick!

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I remember Strome and Galchenyuk going toe to toe in scoring, ripping up the OHL in 2012 before the lockout was resolved. Now Strome and Galchenyuk each have 21 points in 31 NHL games.

Before the NHL draft I was hoping beyond hope that the Oilers would pick Reinhart, as was rumored unreliably so NYI could get Galchenyuk. Oh well. Habs got a good one.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I remember Strome and Galchenyuk going toe to toe in scoring, ripping up the OHL in 2012 before the lockout was resolved. Now Strome and Galchenyuk each have 21 points in 31 NHL games.

Before the NHL draft I was hoping beyond hope that the Oilers would pick Reinhart, as was rumored unreliably so NYI could get Galchenyuk. Oh well. Habs got a good one.

Pretty sure Galchenyuk was #1 on Trevor Timmins' list. Even with Yakupov and Murray available, he would've been the Habs pick.

He's everything Timmins love about prospects.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004

Sometimes I have nightmares about Oilers picking Murray, then Bjs picking Galchenyuk before Habs' turn, then I wake up, all sweaty, only to watch him scores hat tricks. :pickle:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Habs fans have been seeing this coming for a while now. Even though the points weren't coming in bunches, he was slowly starting to take over parts of games. Much stronger this year and more assertive. Still needs to learn to get his shot off quicker sometimes as a lot of them are blocked, but he's progressed a lot since last year. Also, he's apparently been working on his faceoff skills with Malholtra and it shows. He's been great in the dot since he's been switched to center.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Pretty sure Galchenyuk was #1 on Trevor Timmins' list. Even with Yakupov and Murray available, he would've been the Habs pick.

He's everything Timmins love about prospects.

Yeah

I think based on Bergevin and Timmins our list would be something like:
Galchenyuk
Rielly
Murray/Forsberg/Yakupov
Teravainen

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
He's finally playing his natural position, finally getting more than 10 mins a game, he's also playing with a top 5 LW in the league. Points are going to start reeling in, watching that patches galchenyuk gallagher line is a hilariously fun experience.

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
ice time from last game

Desharnais - 18:03 TOI
Plekanec - 17:16 TOI
Malhotra - 14:22 TOI
Galchenyuk - 14:05 TOI

:laugh: MALHOTRA had more ice-time than Galchenyuk, how is that even possible.

Therrienism in full display. He's trying to convert Andrighetto as well. First Hab since '78 to have points in first 3 NHL games, what does he get as a reward?

Demotion from second line to fourth line before the game for Weise. **** you Therrien.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad