Alex Galchenyuk first career Hat-Trick!

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Good for the kid. Despite being a Leaf fan, I've long said that he's going to be an absolute stud. I think he'd been struggling a bit this year, maybe this gives him a bit of a spark

He's just now finally getting a bit of bounces going his way, he was playing fine or Therrien never would have promoted him to 1st line center.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
He's just now finally getting a bit of bounces going his way, he was playing fine, or Therrien never would have promoted him to 1st line center.

I'm just going by what I remember reading a few weeks ago. Though the promotion to 1st line center could be numerous things - DD not playing well, or putting him there to try and generate a spark by playing with Patches

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I'm just going by what I remember reading a few weeks ago. Though the promotion to 1st line center could be numerous things - DD not playing well, or putting him there to try and generate a spark by playing with Patches

That's definitely part of it as well. But so far this year he has been our most dangerous and consistent forward despite not putting up the points. It's not saying all that much considering everyone's been either on a hot streak or atrocious offensively for us this season though. Subban was nearly our leading scorer 2 games ago.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Good for the kid. Despite being a Leaf fan, I've long said that he's going to be an absolute stud. I think he'd been struggling a bit this year, maybe this gives him a bit of a spark

He hasn't struggled for the most part. Snake bit is probably a more appropriate term.

All in all, he has probably been our best forward up to this point. That's with Pacioretty and Plekanec having pretty good starts.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Congratulations to Galchenyuk!

Yeah, don't start calling him a first line center until he actually produces like one over a significant period of time. When you guys do, it reminds me of that value of Galchenyuk thread where people called him a 100+ point player with words like selke getting thrown around.

Good player with great potential.

Believe me, many habs fans like myself were cringing reading thoses posts :shakehead

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
The funny thing is that he still played the lowest amount of minutes among habs centers

So you're saying Michel Therrien put up more of a fight against him than the Hurricanes did?:sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, the kid is nasty. Congrats.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
The fact that he has wasted his time on the wing the last two years is beyond me...

Any other coach than Therrien... He's just there because he speaks french.. If we had a quality coach he would have been used way more than Therrien did.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hate to say it but the kid is gonna be a beast if he isn't already.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
The fact that he has wasted his time on the wing the last two years is beyond me...

Any other coach than Therrien... He's just there because he speaks french.. If we had a quality coach he would have been used way more than Therrien did.

Actually being on the wing for the last 2 yrs was the proper thing to do.It's well documented that lots of teams start rookies who are natural centers at wing to learn the NHL game and than make the transition to center.The only mistake M.T. did was not starting at full time center at the start of this season.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
ice time from last game

Desharnais - 18:03 TOI
Plekanec - 17:16 TOI
Malhotra - 14:22 TOI
Galchenyuk - 14:05 TOI

:laugh: MALHOTRA had more ice-time than Galchenyuk, how is that even possible.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
ice time from last game

Desharnais - 18:03 TOI
Plekanec - 17:16 TOI
Malhotra - 14:22 TOI
Galchenyuk - 14:05 TOI

:laugh: MALHOTRA had more ice-time than Galchenyuk, how is that even possible.

Canes spent the entire second period on the PP, probably the reason why Malholtra is so high.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Canes spent the entire second period on the PP, probably the reason why Malholtra is so high.

still doesnt explain why DD has much more TOI than Chucky when hes supposed to be playing on our 1st line

Simerc

Feb 12, 2012
Galchenyuk has a tendency to take very short shifts.
DD on the other hand did not go to the bench when he saw Pacioretty jump on the ice and got himself a nice 2-3 minutes shift. Anything to play with his ex.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad