Alex Foster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
:) He is an older college player not your regular peach fuzz 18 year olds. He might well be physically mature. As for being drafted I think he would have to opt in/out. I can't say I know what the exact rules are regarding college players his age. Do they become FAs after a certain age when undrafted? :dunno:

MHNet

May 31, 2005
MichiganHockey.net
Foster is a 21 year old sophomore at Bowling Green. He's too old to be drafted. Whenever he decides to leave, he's a free agent and can sign with the team of his choice.

allelsefails

Mar 31, 2004
Canton, OH
He'll be an overager in this draft - if he chooses to take part in it.

A similar situation in fellow former Bowling Green squadmate Johnathan Sigalet (D) who opted out of the 2004 draft but then took part in the 2005 draft class and subsequently went in the 4th round.

I've always liked Alex Foster, plays a decent game and has clicked with Johnathan Matsumoto since coming in as freshmen last year. I'm not sure if they opted out for the draft last year or if they simply got overlooked but I have a feeling, if they both are available for the '06 draft, they'll be taken mid to late rounds.

And I am also unsure of the rules regarding undrafted kids - they obviously much reach a certain age one would think. I remember when Junior Lessard graduated, after his Hobey Baker season, there was a buzz of signing the kid since no one owned his rights coming out of college.

BlueJackets61 said:

A similar situation in fellow former Bowling Green squadmate Johnathan Sigalet (D) who opted out of the 2004 draft but then took part in the 2005 draft class and subsequently went in the 4th round.

I've always liked Alex Foster, plays a decent game and has clicked with Johnathan Matsumoto since coming in as freshmen last year. I'm not sure if they opted out for the draft last year or if they simply got overlooked but I have a feeling, if they both are available for the '06 draft, they'll be taken mid to late rounds.

And I am also unsure of the rules regarding undrafted kids - they obviously much reach a certain age one would think. I remember when Junior Lessard graduated, after his Hobey Baker season, there was a buzz of signing the kid since no one owned his rights coming out of college.

The cutoff for this draft in terms of birthdate is Jan 1, 1986. Foster is an 84 birthdate and so would be ineligible for the draft and would actually be free to sign anywhere as a free agent.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
BlueJackets61 said:

Sigalet was 18 when he opted out, so he was still able to be drafted the next year. Foster is a FA and can sign with any team. Matsumoto went undrafted and I am still shocked at that. He has to be drafted this summer, can't see a team passing on him. The fact that the draft was reduced by 60 + selections means some players who would have been drafted, end up being looked over.

allelsefails

Mar 31, 2004
Canton, OH
Ah thanks for the info regarding age with the draft - knew there was something in place for such and I didn't realize Foster was 21 at all, guess just an assumption you make when a kid is a Sophomore.

It'll be interesting to see if he garners much attention whenever he decides to leave BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad