Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Team's already been rolling out the 😺 emote - why not take what we have (marketing wise) and make something fun with it? You're just no fun *playful slap on the knee*

I still think it's a good idea🥰
Hahaha, creative. We’ll probably just go with a panther growl and call it a day though ;)

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Hahaha, creative. We’ll probably just go with a panther growl and call it a day though ;)
That's some stock, low energy shit tho. Literally asking for a bored apathetic fanbase. You know how to attract season ticket holders?- give them the same cornmeal 41 games a year lmao.

Who are "we" exactly?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
That's some stock, low energy shit tho. Literally asking for a bored apathetic fanbase. You know how to attract season ticket holders?- give them the same cornmeal 41 games a year lmao.

Who are "we" exactly?
Me if coures, I vet all in house entertainment. It’s why we get so many 90’s hip hop anthems now…. Panther growl it is!!

Reactions: Ralph Malfredsson

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Well, shame on you sir. #Ice-TrayOut
Hahahah! For realz though, I like the idea, he’ll probably have to earn it though over a season or maybe half…. Take a while
For fans to figure it out…. Hell I still have no idea what you mean :)

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Unless you're Johnny Gaudreau. I'm always astounded when I see him in a t-shirt and shorts. He looks like a 15 year old. And not Aaron Ekblad at 15

If he ever loses that extra step he's gonna crash hard.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
You guys are going to love the Cat. Everyone knows his goal scoring prowess but what many people might know is the rest of his game. I saw a comment up the page about him being "sturdy" - yes, he's short but not small. He plays a much heavier game than most other "little guys". He battles with never give up tenacity and wins his fair share of those battles. He's tough and plays with an edge and will come to a teammate's defense and drop the gloves without any hesitation. He has improved his skating and defense quite a bit in the last couple years and what was once seen as weakness is not anymore. His vision, IQ and passing/playmaking are all very good and he plays well at top speed. Plus, he's one of those players where you can tell he's having a ball playing hockey - smiles a lot.

I'll miss him but I hope he does well for you guys.
Six to midnight

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Maybe a corny idea but I think it's funny. A lot of teams go with the Rick Flair 'Woo' after goals we should go with a 'Mew' after Cat's goals. Definitely one of a kind for a player and has potential to go viral

PA goes 'Woo!' and the crowd answers 'Mew!'

giphy.gif

Assen na yo!

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Even though the refs broke up the fight, it is impressive that 5'7 165 lbs DeBrincat was willing to drop the gloves with 6'4 214 lbs Brayden McNabb.

Last edited:

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Maybe a corny idea but I think it's funny. A lot of teams go with the Rick Flair 'Woo' after goals we should go with a 'Mew' after Cat's goals. Definitely one of a kind for a player and has potential to go viral

PA goes 'Woo!' and the crowd answers 'Mew!'
Anyone who answers "Meow" gets punched immediately after

Reactions: GCK

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Hypothetically if we could get Matthew T for the Cat 1 for 1 next year
Do you guys do it?
Knowing RW vs LW etc..

Reactions: aragorn

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Hypothetically if we could get Matthew T for the Cat 1 for 1 next year
Do you guys do it?
Knowing RW vs LW etc..
All depends on production. If DeBrincat (barring injuries) doesn't score 35+ goals, I'd consider moving him for Tkachuk unless of course DeBrincat is good to sign a long term deal that is below his qualifying offer of $9 million lol

Reactions: Alex1234

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The Tkachuk for DCat conversation is interesting. They are 3rd and 4th in goal scoring from the 2016 draft, behind Matthews and Laine.

(1) Matthews: 407 games, 259 goals (0.63 gpg), 459 pts (1.13 ppg)
(2) Laine: 407 games, 176 goals (0.43 gpg), 327 pts (0.80 ppg )
(8) Tkachuk: 431 games, 152 goals (0.35 gpg), 382pts (0.88 ppg)
(43) DeBrincat: 368 games, 160 goals (0.43 gpg), 307 pts (0.83 ppg)

Matthews, Laine and Tkachuck all played in the D+1 year. DeBrincat played one more year of Jr and started his NHL career in his D+2 year - hence the difference in games played.

Matthews is clear cut better but the other three are pretty close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad