Prospect Info: Alex DeBrincat - 2016 39th Overall (RW) /// UPDATE 11/7: signed to 3-yr ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
That's a good value selection and Chicago loves their small skilled players....when Chicago needs to trade Kruger, I'll miss Debrincat.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
wow can't believe he fell so far down, good pick IMO. Kid has boat loads of potential

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
This guy is about as tall as I am.
Can't wait to see him play in Rockford soon, assuming he doesn't make the jump in the first few years

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We passed on Morrison who is a LW and big and skilled to go with smurfy DeBrincat ?Gonna get pushed around forever..Fire Kelley!!! AND THERE GOES Kaukkonen off the board...went earlier than expected..

Well we better grab a goalie at #45..

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Congrats again! This kid is totally under-rated... I was more than surprised that he didn't go around the middle of the 1st round..

He may be small, but he can take a licking and keep on ticking.. Smart and fast, so many can't even catch him..

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
I've watched him the past two years here in Erie. He's 5"7, give or take half an inch. If he was even 5"10 he'd have been a top 10 pick. Kid has an uncanny knack for the net. Back to back 50 goal seasons in the 'O. I think he could average a goal a game this year. He doesn't shy away from physical play at all and regularly goes into the corners with guys 6 inches taller than him, has a surprisingly nasty edge. I have a feeling it'll be all or nothing for DeBrincat - he'll either be a perennial 30 goal scorer on Toews' wing or he'll spend his entire career in Europe. Worth the gamble in my opinion

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
This guy is about as tall as I am.
Can't wait to see him play in Rockford soon, assuming he doesn't make the jump in the first few years

Haha this made me laugh. Yea I kept saying "anything but a lil guy". And they get the smallest guy in the draft made me laugh. Looks talented and he fell a lot but man I am so done with tiny lil guys in this prospect pool

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
To be fair to Stan,AdB was by consensus of the rating orgs supposed to.be a late first/early 2nd on many of the lists. ..so getting him at #39 I am sure Stam will say he got great value ..coukd not believe he "fell" into our laps. .etc...

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
We passed on Morrison who is a LW and big and skilled to go with smurfy DeBrincat ?Gonna get pushed around forever..Fire Kelley!!! AND THERE GOES Kaukkonen off the board...went earlier than expected..

Well we better grab a goalie at #45..

Clearly this hawks fan has no idea what kind of player
DeBrincat is, size racist much?.

DeBrincat is Kun Aguero of ice hockey,this guy might be small
but actually is strong with puck,has strong legs,really hard to
knock off skates and take away the puck.

193 goals 192 assists from last 3 seasons for DeBrincat,
this is not mild,this is huge,for Blackhawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad