Alex Burrows Suspension

10 games, fair or not?

• Total voters

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
There’s been a lot of talk surrounding Burrows’ 10 game ban for his altercation with Taylor Hall, curious to hear more opinions on it.

If you haven’t seen the incident, here’s a link:

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I guess 10 games is fine based on the precedent for longer suspensions if an injury occurs however, this isnt a hockey play whatsoever and for my money this is worse than a headshot during the actual on ice action. Gutless move on a totally defenseless player by a rat, if Burrows was gone for good no one would miss him. I want to say this was a very dangerous play but again its not a play, not even close.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
It's a lot better than the typical 2-3 games they would usually hand out.
Marchand 5 games now Burrows 10. looks like they're finally doing it right

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Should've suspended him for the remainder of his contract. f*** that idiot. The league will be a better place when he is no longer in it. Luckily, he's old and completely ineffective so that day isn't far off.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I've thought they've been getting it right lately on most things.

They aren't focusing on injuries or partial headshots. They are focusing on taking the non hockey hits out of the game.

There's no justification for this to be a hockey play so it's a long one.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Too much imo but Im biased as i love Burrows from his time in Vancity. I guess he went too far i like to think he didnt think it was Halls head. I guess the determining factor into such a HUGE suspension is Hall is a star in the league and they MUST be protected. That part of it ya gotta respect the length i suppose

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
WTF is wrong with that idiot?

Hair pulling
finger biting
kneeing people in the head?

I think Burrows has some serious mental issues.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think its ok, seems like a lot when you look at comparable plays but if it gets stuff out of the game like that then I'm all for it. I just hope they are consistent when its a star player doing something like that, cant be different rules for different players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad