Alex Burrows Appreciation Thread

Eggman

Feb 8, 2008
Abbotsford, BC
Oh yes, what a monster. It always sounds like McGuire is fantasizing about the player who is a monster...

But seriously, good job, Burrows! I am seriously considering asking for a Burrows jersey for my birthday.

EDIT: Lol @ Pyatt4God, you took it one step further than I did.

Jonathan Iilahti*

Right now he can do no wrong. Not only is he leading the team, he's near the top of the league also.

JonnyCash

Sep 28, 2008
Vancouver
I see a lot more in the future for him.. I have for a while, he is awesome.

EDIT: even if he scores 5 goals a year, he is still an amazing player without the puck.

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
Honestly Alex is a testament to where hard work can get you. During the offseason, during the season, as he sleeps, whenever, he doesn't quit! I think my next jersey (when I get $$$$$) is going to be a Burrows 3rd. :yo:

(then I'll buy a Hansen... just like I said before :))

double M*

Amazing game by Burrows and that whole line. Seems like ever since his best friend on the team died he's been playing amazing. I really hope he keeps it up throughout the whole year, which unfortunately I highly doubt, but if he scores next game, Im dropping someone on my pool for him.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I've been a huge Burrows fan since the trainwreck 05/06 season when there were nights it seemed like he was the only Canuck who was able to establish any type of forecheck whatsoever. I hope he's in Vancouver for a long time.

He seems like a Mike Gillis type player, so I'm hoping they can work out a deal.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
The thing I love about Burrows is that he caught some attention with his hard work on his first NHL goal against Ryan Miller and the Sabres, and he hasn't really taken a game off since. In a city that has seen its fair share of flavours of the month, it's nice that one can stick around and keep up his level of play.

unknown

Oct 7, 2006
vancouver
ive been a burrows supporter since his first season, ive always liked his determination, but i do admit i didnt think he was capable of producing like this. im glad he is and hope he keeps it up.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I've been a huge Burrows fan since the trainwreck 05/06 season when there were nights it seemed like he was the only Canuck who was able to establish any type of forecheck whatsoever. I hope he's in Vancouver for a long time.

Same here. I've been considering getting a Burrows jersey since I watched him score his first hattrick live. Everything about him screams fan favourite.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
even his crackly voice!

The funny accent, the goofy name, his effort level, ability to produce when it's needed, surprisingly good hands, worked through the minors, a pest, does all the little things, his ball hockey history, etc.

Bishop*

I echo the sentiments of this thread... If someone could buy a Burrows jersey and send it to Katoomba, NSW, Australia for me - I'd really appreciate it (oh, and I would reimburse that person in the future!)

Go NUCKS Go!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad