Alex Burmistrov

LeSouder

Jan 23, 2011
Ontario
Haven't been able to see many of his games being as he plays for ATL, but I've seen some highlights from him and he looks like the real deal, do you think he gets bumped into an offensive role next year or has he become too valuable in defensive situations for ATL? Him and Kane together could be scary..

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I really like to watch this kid play... he's got some skills for sure and I'm sure in a few years he'll be a treat to watch on Atlantas top line if not sooner.

Telfo

THRASHERS(and Golden Knights too)
Oct 31, 2008
Atlanta, GA
he has slowed down recently, although he hasnt exactly had highly skilled linemates all season. he still makes rookie mistakes but his defensive play makes up for the occasional turnover.

i think he will turn into a 60-70 point player in a few years once he is a bit bigger.

jazznik

Thrashers forever
Jul 28, 2009
Manchester, UK
Kid's been real good, slowed down production wise but still playing well.

It's hard to say where he fits in in future. Ramsey doesn't really roll traditional lines. Got him pencilled in for the 3rd line C next year. Little and Peverley have been decent as 1st and 2nd line C, so Burmi slots in on the 3rd line. He's good enough defensively for the 3rd line.

However, he could step up into a top six C position as both Little and Peverley can play wing or be moved to the 3rd line. Little, Peverley and Burmi are all broadly similar - smallish, defensively sound, skilled, fast skating forwards - so i can see them being used interchangeably.

Wherever he plays I expect more offensive production, he should be getting some PP time as well - we need someone who can dish the puck from the sidewall.

LeSouder

Jan 23, 2011
Ontario
Yeah I'm worried he will be used in a 3rd line capacity simply because he appears to have one of the more rounded defensive games on the Thrashers. I think he has a much higher offensive ceiling than both Little and Peverley though so I really hope they give him a shot on the PP at the very least. I hope to see a "Kesler-esq" career progression.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
As close as a Datsyuk-type player from Russia there's been since.. well, Datsyuk.

He's shown some flashes of brilliance obviously but need to be consistent and not "hide" but step forward and be a guy to rely on for his production to rise.

Very few players have stepped in and been so sound and smart without the puck in recent years. Giroux and Staal come to mind.

PortlandWinterHawks

Dec 4, 2010
I think he'll be a point producer later in his career after around 23. He's most likely going to be used as a defensive 3rd line center. He will be a very good player in the future with good offense AND defense.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
The skill level is outstanding with Burmistrov. Slick hands, Quick feet, just overall very dynamic. He hasn't really been place in a role to show this off quite yet, but he certainly has a goal of the year candidate.

What impressed the hell out of me is how much weight he put on from juniors to training camp. I don't have exact digits but it had to be 20lbs at least, and it certainly didn't slow him down.

I could see him as an 80 point player who is solid in all zones, 4 or 5 years down the road. He should probably be placed into an offensive role in the next year or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad