Alex Burmistrov (Part II)

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Don't you think you should have somebody on the right side?

Yeah, I think the best lineups are the ones with 4 LW's and 4 RW's. Add 4 Centers and BAM!!! You've got a starting lineup.

LLW
Perreault - Scheif - Stafford
Ehlers - Lowry - Armia
Burmi - Copp - Thorburn

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Yeah, I think the best lineups are the ones with 4 LW's and 4 RW's. Add 4 Centers and BAM!!! You've got a starting lineup.

LLW
Ehlers - Lowry - Armia
Burmi - Copp - Thorburn
While I've never hyped Burmistrov, I think he should do better than Ehlers and Armia in training camp. Put him on 3rd line.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If he earns Ehlers' minutes then Ehlers is back to Halifax. I don't think that's really the best case scenario.

I also like seeing Burmi at the bottom of the list because he might need to pay his dues in the minds of some team mates. As soon as there's an injury he gets a chance to move up.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

LLW
Ehlers - Lowry - Armia
Burmi - Copp - Thorburn

LLW
Perry Scheif Stafford
Burmi Lowry Ehlers
Thorburn Copp Armia
Just for one thing Ehlers is a left shooting RW. He can play LW but it is not his first choice. He played C a bit too. It also avoids giving Lowry 2 rookie wingers. I doubt Armia can beat out Burmi for a 3rd line spot.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
LLW
Perry Scheif Stafford
Burmi Lowry Ehlers
Thorburn Copp Armia
Just for one thing Ehlers is a left shooting RW. He can play LW but it is not his first choice. He played C a bit too. It also avoids giving Lowry 2 rookie wingers. I doubt Armia can beat out Burmi for a 3rd line spot.

Yup this makes more sense....but I'm still very warynof Stafford. Would rather have him third line.

Would like to see it EVENTUALLY shake out as

Ladd little Ehlers - Ladd and little are so strong possession wise they'll be able to shelter/make up for ehlers.

Perrault Schiefele Wheeler - was really really good.

Burmi Lowry Stafford - would rather have someone else but if lowrynand burmi can't cover Stafford's possession inefficiencies no one can.

Thorburn Copp Armia - thorburns here because I don't expect them to move away from him

Peluso
Lipon

Petan stands as first callup and hopefully unseats someone (like Stafford or allows pomo to run a fourth line that gets third line minutes)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yup this makes more sense....but I'm still very warynof Stafford. Would rather have him third line.

Would like to see it EVENTUALLY shake out as

Ladd little Ehlers - Ladd and little are so strong possession wise they'll be able to shelter/make up for ehlers.

Perrault Schiefele Wheeler - was really really good.

Burmi Lowry Stafford - would rather have someone else but if lowrynand burmi can't cover Stafford's possession inefficiencies no one can.

Thorburn Copp Armia - thorburns here because I don't expect them to move away from him

Peluso
Lipon

Petan stands as first callup and hopefully unseats someone (like Stafford or allows pomo to run a fourth line that gets third line minutes)

Yes, makes sense to me. With that roster we would have 2 RWs needing to be sheltered. Ehlers could fit very well with LL. Stafford will score more but for all around play I think I would rather have Stemp if we can have only 1. If we have both where do they line up?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I like Morts lines to start and then moving to Grind's lines as the season progresses (if Ehlers earns it).

Adding Stemp in Thors spot would be nice too.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Yes, makes sense to me. With that roster we would have 2 RWs needing to be sheltered. Ehlers could fit very well with LL. Stafford will score more but for all around play I think I would rather have Stemp if we can have only 1. If we have both where do they line up?
third and fourth lines.

U agree, I'd prefer stemp.

A burmi Lowry stamp third line would be just nice

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I like Morts lines to start and then moving to Grind's lines as the season progresses (if Ehlers earns it).

Adding Stemp in Thors spot would be nice too.

I'm pretty confident Ehlers would earn the minutes but he would likely need a little time. With his speed he should adjust to the NHL pace fairly quickly but you never know.

third and fourth lines.

It just strikes me as more responsible 2 way.

Burmi - Lowry - Staff
and either
Thor - Copp - Stemp
or
Stemp - Copp - Armia
works for me. PMo has shown a preference for keeping a helmet-puncher in the lineup. Playing with Copp & Stemp Thor's shortcomings might almost disappear. Almost. We are assuming a lot from Copp but if we are right and once he adjusts either of those are 4th lines that can play almost like 3rds.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa

I prefer both! ;)

These 3 rookie forward line-ups scare the **** out of me.

If Burmi comes back, Ehlers makes it, Slater is cut loose, and Frolik walks (which I think we agree all look very likely) we basically need 3 forwards.

Stafford and Stempniak should take 2 of those spots, based on who's out there in UFA league-wide and in the system. Copp should get a shot since I think his game suits the #4C spot, but I don't think it would be crazy to get another veteran on a one-year deal.

Personally, I'm not sold on Armia's readiness, ditto Petan. There will be injuries, and that gives them a chance to earn their spots. But I'm the kind of guy who likes prospects to kick the *** door down :)

ComplexChris

#RideTheLAINE
Feb 27, 2014
Lainepeg
If Burmi does return I'd like to see the lines like this.

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Scheifele - Stafford
Ehlers - Lowry - Burmi
Stempniak - Copp - Armia

:D:D:D

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If Burmi does return I'd like to see the lines like this.

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Scheifele - Stafford
Ehlers - Lowry - Burmi
Stempniak - Copp - Armia

:D:D:D

That is very close to how I see the lineup, assuming no significant moves by the Jets. However, due to contract status it is likely Thor over Armia. But I think that lineup is notch up from last season even with the loss of Frolik.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@DarrenDreger: Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff and Alex Burmistrov's agent, Mike Liut plan on meeting this week to discuss contract and potential return to NHL.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
@DarrenDreger: Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff and Alex Burmistrov's agent, Mike Liut plan on meeting this week to discuss contract and potential return to NHL.

You're too quick :laugh:

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Getting a bit ahead of myself, if we sign Burmistrov to a reasonable "show me" type of contract, we will have 8 of our top 9 locked up with Ehlers (another assumption) Sheifele, Lowry and Burmistrov all being inexpensive. Sure seems like we would have room to be more aggressive in going after Frolik.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Getting a bit ahead of myself, if we sign Burmistrov to a reasonable "show me" type of contract, we will have 8 of our top 9 locked up with Ehlers (another assumption) Sheifele, Lowry and Burmistrov all being inexpensive. Sure seems like we would have room to be more aggressive in going after Frolik.

Only short term though. Scheifele and Lowry come off ELC after this year, Trouba one year later.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

If Frolik is showing a willingness to sign.

My guess is the talks with Fro have cooled, and Chevy is working pretty hard on a Stafford deal. If that falls short (which it may or may not have), he might be turning his attention to Burmi. Perhaps a 2 yr 'show me' deal for Burmi may be what he's looking at now. If it is, I would say the other two are going to market.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I assume others got The Score notification that Chevy is meeting with Burmi's agent to discuss a contract.

Intriguing. I'm all for it. Will offset losing Fro (which I think is going to happen.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad