News Article: Alex Burmistrov bitter that Olli Jokinen got more ice time with Winnipeg Jets

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Clips like that make me question if time in the KHL will help him at all improve. We've seen him try that move in the NHL with predictable results. Yet in Russia that move works and reinforces the idea that its a sound hockey play.
I don't think Burmi needs to develop skills further, he needs to learn how to play a North American game. I'm hopeful but skeptical that he'll figure it out.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Do we have anyone to compare him to going back to the KHL, getting better and coming back to the NHL? Only guy I can think of is Radulov and he went back to the KHL right away.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Clips like that make me question if time in the KHL will help him at all improve. We've seen him try that move in the NHL with predictable results. Yet in Russia that move works and reinforces the idea that its a sound hockey play.
I don't think Burmi needs to develop skills further, he needs to learn how to play a North American game. I'm hopeful but skeptical that he'll figure it out.

Agreed.

That's where Detroit, playing alongside or with Pavel, may be the only place where Burmi can learn to adapt his game to an effective NA style. Assuming he can change his game.

Would Detroit give up a good young prospect to get him? Hard to say.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Not sure who 48 is in the dark blue but he is defending like a forward does on a PP (as in total pylon)? That feels like an all star game moment and any normal defender would have routinely forced Burmi wide and taken away that opportunity.

It was a nice shot though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad