Alex Bourret

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
This guy is looking pretty darn good. He got 2 goals and 3 assists in tonight's game, and now has 5 goals and 4 assists in 3 games. By any chance......is his last name pronounced like Bure? It's early, but this guy seems like he may be flying up the 2005 draft rankings.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Yeah, it sort of is, but not really....that doesn't make any sense.

Phonetically: Boo-Ray

All Star United

Mar 1, 2002
Liverpool
On the LHJMQ website, he is listed as 5'10 and 215 pounds. Is he "fatty"? How fast is he? Does he have a mean streak? Any info on him would be appreciated.

Thx

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
All Star United said:
On the LHJMQ website, he is listed as 5'10 and 215 pounds. Is he "fatty"? How fast is he? Does he have a mean streak? Any info on him would be appreciated.

Thx

he is a very aggessive player who hits very hard and loves to hit. One of the most fiesty players on the ice he is the complete package on the ice. Loves to take the body like I said and work super hard on the ice.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Matt MacInnis said:
Phonetically: Boo-Ray

You got the first part right. It's indeed Boo.. but not Ray.

It's boo-reah

Same ending as "yeah" but with a R instead of an Y.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
For the 1st time in ages the Q might have the best prospects of the 3 CHL leagues this year.
Also interesting is the West. Lots of highly skilled smallish forwards but lacking stud dfmen.

It be a sign o' the apocalypse, Myrtle.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
All Star United said:

Thx

I'd really like to know more about him too. I think he'd make a good hab !

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
E = CH² said:
He's in his 3rd year in the Q .His D.O.B is Oct. 05 1986(turns 18 next week)so he
just missed last years draft.Last year stats:gp65 g22 a41 pts63 +6
You know it's funny this guy has been flying under the radar but that may not
last long.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
This cat was picked first overall in the Q draft two years ago, I don't think he was flying under anyone's radar. AND YES, HE IS A FATTY, BUT NOT kOVALENKO LIKE.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Leachmeister2000 said:
This cat was picked first overall in the Q draft two years ago, I don't think he was flying under anyone's radar. AND YES, HE IS A FATTY, BUT NOT kOVALENKO LIKE.
Well I haven't seen him on any top 25 2005 prospects list so thats what I meant
by flying under the radar.

PEli*

Saw him play last week. Very smooth player. Has the ability to throw a good check. In fact, he absolutely creamed Freddy Cabana near the corners on a borderline questionable hit.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
pei fan said:
Well I haven't seen him on any top 25 2005 prospects list so thats what I meant
by flying under the radar.

Right, that's true but if you've stretched your scope just a little more you'll find that most people have him in their top 30 or 40. :)
Well, he's having an awesome start now (I always thought he would break out at some point last year, and he did, but only in small spiffles) and let's hope he carries it on. He's good but not great skater and he plays with a lot of grit, not to mention a ton of skill.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
E = CH² said:

Yes he would be a good pick for the Habs. I look forward to seeing him and Halak in Maine this year, as I plan on making a road trip if work permits. Also of interest to me from the Q is Luc Bourdon, Marc Gragnani, Tyler Hawes, Slava Truhno, Olivier Labelle, Maxime Belanger just to name a few.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
montreal said:
Yes he would be a good pick for the Habs. I look forward to seeing him and Halak in Maine this year, as I plan on making a road trip if work permits. Also of interest to me from the Q is Luc Bourdon, Marc Gragnani, Tyler Hawes, Slava Truhno, Olivier Labelle, Maxime Belanger just to name a few.

I'm going to be able to watch 2 Lewiston games on TV. I could tape them, and maybe we could do a trade ? PM me if you're interested.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
montreal said:

There's JP Paquet too. Him and Bourdon might go in second round so it would be nice if the habs could grab them.

All Star United

Mar 1, 2002
Liverpool
Leachmeister2000 said:
He's good but not great skater and he plays with a lot of grit, not to mention a ton of skill.

Any comparison with Ruutu? Both are not overly big but they are strong and physical. Not really quick but with a good set of skills. Anyone else think they could compare to each other?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
All Star United said:
Any comparison with Ruutu? Both are not overly big but they are strong and physical. Not really quick but with a good set of skills. Anyone else think they could compare to each other?

I think they are comparable in that respect, but I see him more as a prototypical Patrick Eaves mold though I think Bourret has more offensive upside (he really controls the play well down low and can run and gun pretty well). It took him time to adjust to the rigors of the Q, but I think we've got something special here.

Kasparov*

I saw this guy prank in the minors so long ago with CDJR in rosemount! he was really good.

boby

Oct 3, 2004
Alex Bourrett

I have more information on Bourrett,sorry for my anglish,Bourret is a players véry physiqual ,he n't give a chance a the players a play with head down,he is a véry good skeater with great hand.The réel size(now) of Bourret is 5.10 ...205 and he is not flatty,this player has a physiqual incroyable, his thigh (leg)is more same two my, he have a gread start but now he is suspend (2 game for boarding behind)véry questionable hit on Cabana the same boy whom recive a suspention for give chek to Crosby,Bourret is victim of all the publicityarrond that.Bourret for the first 4 game is have recive 4 star and 10 pts(3 game on the road) but for the game 5 he have two figth,the first with Eric Neilson,Neilson is one of three figther and the Q league (tie draw)for the second fight Bourret give a hard correction at Francois Bolduc(6.5 229).the red line rank Bourret 15 th next draft and he qualify Bourrett (this guy hit same a truck) .I have in my possession opening book of the lewiston club and his favorite player NHL is....Darcy Tucker ...and the best teams NHL is...Toronto Maple leaf.This guy will be surprise everyone this year for me I will continu to check Bourrett and i will come back with more info.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
steblick said:
For the 1st time in ages the Q might have the best prospects of the 3 CHL leagues this year.
Also interesting is the West. Lots of highly skilled smallish forwards but lacking stud dfmen.

Crosby? ;)

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
boby said:
I have more information on Bourrett,sorry for my anglish,Bourret is a players véry physiqual ,he n't give a chance a the players a play with head down,he is a véry good skeater with great hand.The réel size(now) of Bourret is 5.10 ...205 and he is not flatty,this player has a physiqual incroyable, his thigh (leg)is more same two my, he have a gread start but now he is suspend (2 game for boarding behind)véry questionable hit on Cabana the same boy whom recive a suspention for give chek to Crosby,Bourret is victim of all the publicityarrond that.Bourret for the first 4 game is have recive 4 star and 10 pts(3 game on the road) but for the game 5 he have two figth,the first with Eric Neilson,Neilson is one of three figther and the Q league (tie draw)for the second fight Bourret give a hard correction at Francois Bolduc(6.5 229).the red line rank Bourret 15 th next draft and he qualify Bourrett (this guy hit same a truck) .I have in my possession opening book of the lewiston club and his favorite player NHL is....Darcy Tucker ...and the best teams NHL is...Toronto Maple leaf.This guy will be surprise everyone this year for me I will continu to check Bourrett and i will come back with more info.

I get the gist of what you're saying, but I didn't get the Francois Bolduc connection.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
steblick said:

Not if you go by the World U-17 tournament and the Canada U-18 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad