Player Discussion Alex Belzile

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
This is our depth chart right now, imo. It will be interesting to see what HuGo do with it in the offseason.

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Farrell - Dach - Gurianov
RHP - Dvo - Anderson
Richard/Pez- Evan's/Belzile - Ylonen
Pitlick, Gallagher(hopefully on LTIR and upper management), Hoffman (traded 50% retained or bought out), Armia (traded or in Laval or the press box).

If course I'm aware we probably will not get rid of one or all of Hoffman, Armia, and Gallagher.

But what changes would you make in the offseason?

None of Farrell, Richard, Pezzetta, Pitlick or Belzile are penciled in my lineup. Sign some FAs for the bottom 6 if needed.

If they want a spot, they have to steal someone else's.

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
RHP - Dach - Gurianov
Hoffman - Dvo - Anderson
Armia - Evans - Ylonen
Gallagher

Ideally replace some of Hoffman/Armia/Gallagher with FAs.

Reactions: Redux91

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Same thing with Desharnais. If he would've stayed on the third line with some PP time, I'm sure he would've been liked way more by the fanbase.

Belzile has been a nice story in the second half of the season. Hope he can keep it up.
DD pretty similar.

Yes on Belzile as a good feel good story. Fourth line production is basically the whole line putting up 25 goals, so if you get 10 plus goals from a guy that is good. Imagine hanging in and getting your chance at 31 Finally hitting that NHL ice.. As WIFI said, gets to eat a steak on a private flight.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
zero loss, but watch the 5 Belzile fans chime in
Yeah. Good move dumping one of the two guys who brought back the team from the dead last year with RHP...

We were lifeless in mid season. Our fourth line and most of the team was absolute garbage until they were brought up.

But sure, let's play Dvorak who's sleep skating on the ice instead. Dumb move.

SupRocket

Jul 12, 2022
zero loss, but watch the 5 Belzile fans chime in
Reporting in. I would have kept Belzile over any vet forwards we have beside Anderson and Monahan. I understand why he is not coming back with all the players already signed, but I am still bummed about it.

Reactions: Walrus26 and bopeep

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Yeah. Good move dumping one of the two guys who brought back the team from the dead last year with RHP...

We were lifeless in mid season. Our fourth line and most of the team was absolute garbage until they were brought up.

But sure, let's play Dvorak who's sleep skating on the ice instead. Dumb move.
Well he was well rewarded for it, so take heart! ;)

Reactions: bopeep

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Getting a 2 yeal deal with a one way for a season great contract for him

Hughes said that they did offer him a 2-year deal. But there was a limit to how much they would spend on him due to his age and Kent said they encouraged him to go see if he can get a better deal elsewhere. So the Habs' deal was always on the table, but it had its limit in terms of money and possibly the one-way/two-way deal.

Jul 6, 2016
I'd rather have kept Belzile and Richard in MTL than Hoffman, Armia, Pitlick or Dvorak. Too bad they were UFA, and they were not !

Pierrick Dubé is another one that showed good things in Laval last season. Who's left down there ? Teasdale is gone too as well as Schuneman, Leskinen....

Last edited:
Reactions: crazyd74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad