Recalled/Assigned: Aleksi Saarela recalled

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
He looked a little off last night, and is positioning wasn't the greatest, but that's kind of expected for your first game with an organization.

I look for him to be back in tonight and have a stronger game.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
He was okay but not noticeable. Which is okay defensively (didn’t really screw up but didn’t stand out positively much either), but not so okay offensively. Give him another game or two. I’m looking for him to get physically involved and his game will come. He should look at what Donskoi has done and copy that.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He was okay but not noticeable. Which is okay defensively (didn’t really screw up but didn’t stand out positively much either), but not so okay offensively. Give him another game or two. I’m looking for him to get physically involved and his game will come. He should look at what Donskoi has done and copy that.

My biggest concern about him was his defensive play. So he has answered those questions so far. He's been highly touted for his offensive skills for years so let's see what he can offer in the next couple games.

panthersdu67

Oct 5, 2019
Malgin has been invisible for the last 13. Saarela could've had 2 assists tonight and he plays responsible defensively. I'll give him more time.
I think Saarela deserves one or two more games to have a chance to prove himself, but Malgin, even during his 0 points/13 games drought (so, admittedly not playing his best hockey) has showed better things than him IMHO. Better on back checking and much better at carrying and keeping the puck in the offensive zone. He has set up quite a few nice plays that simply didn't end in the back of the net, so he "could've had" several assists too. Also, Malgin is just 22 (as is Saarela), I really believe he can still develop quite a bit, especially if he's paired with a somewhat productive goal scorer (Vatrano 3 goals in last 13 games played with Malgin, Hoffman 4, Boyle 2, Trocheck 3, and some of those goals where shorthanded/on the PP or were scored whilst Malgin not even on the ice/playing same line).

Reactions: Felidae and Rahooji

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
He definitely played better on Sunday than Saturday. I still prefer Hunt over him as a bottom 6 winger, but we'll see what happens.

Reactions: Rahooji

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
He made a really nice pass from behind the net to set up Franky(?) out in front, then the Tank almost took his head off with a wild high shot.
This.

He made some good plays. Not his fault V man blew it.

He was also part of a REALLY good shift in the 3rd. At the time, it was 3-1 and the Sharks were carrying the play. Only the Barky line could do anything.

Then he, Acciari, and Sceviour hemmed in the Sharks for an extended bit and I think that helped swing the game back in our favor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad