Prospect Info: Aleksander Kisakov, F (53rd overall, 2021) - SIGNED to 3 year ELC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He was active and created a number of quality chances, just none of them found the back of the net.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
2ndary assist already - swoops onto a puck coming out of the d-zone, feeds Trineyev (Caps pick) whose shot attempt is disrupted, causing the puck to land Nadvorny's stick to tap it into a yawning cage.

He sort of seems to be warming back up. It would be great if he could improve on last season's point totals with a strong finish.

Edit - now even as his line got scored on. He didn't do anything wrong that I see in that sequence, just some poor coverage by a linemate in front of their own net leads to a GA.

Edit 2 - And now that goal against is on him not picking up his man coming in from the point.

Edit 3 - He'll come out as a minus 2 but again, not his fault.

He had some great chances late in the game. Very crafty, very smart... would like to see him improve his quickness and awareness off-puck.

He did not get an attempt in the shootout, despite the MHL going with five instead of three shooters.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Goal to start the 2nd period, makes up a bit for taking the retaliation penalty in the first. Cleans up the garbage on a rebound laying to the goalies left and puts it home...

Edit - feeds Novikov for the third Dynamo goal. He's definitely heating up.

That is 8-12-20 in his last 13.5 games

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Goal to start the 2nd period, makes up a bit for taking the retaliation penalty in the first. Cleans up the garbage on a rebound laying to the goalies left and puts it home...

Edit - feeds Novikov for the third Dynamo goal. He's definitely heating up.

That is 8-12-20 in his last 13.5 games
His comfort level really shows with this league, he's just over matched strength wise in the KHL. I'd like him to get some VHL time for that uptick in competition

Reactions: joshjull

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Picks up a rebound while running the Dynamo PP from the bottom of the left circle and cashes in for his 18th goal of the season, 5th on the powerplay. He is regularly around the net and is a pointy little bastard out there.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's all over the commentary all the time. Just drew a penalty that may have been a bit of a sell (but again, don't put your stick into someone's feet when you can't catch him and you won't get called).

Dynamo is up 4-0 and he's scored 1 (the 3rd goal as mentioned on the PP) and set up a number of other dangerous plays. I like that they're working him into the PK as well.

Edit: Dynamo now up 6-1 and he has his second goal on the PP. He was also on for the 5th GF but didn't pick up anything other than a +1.

Edit 2: Now 7-1 as his line scores again. If this was NA, he'd have a 2ndary assist on that goal.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Two assists and he was on the ice for at least four of Dynamo's goals in a 10-2 rout of Sakhalin.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I can't tell...do you like this pick lol?

I don't know if I like the pick at the position the position they took him, but I like the player and I have easy access to watching him play since the MHL does feeds on YouTube for free.

If he can add the needed muscle - and add another gear - he could be a really excellent addition.

Reactions: Digable5

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I don't know if I like the pick at the position the position they took him, but I like the player and I have easy access to watching him play since the MHL does feeds on YouTube for free.

If he can add the needed muscle - and add another gear - he could be a really excellent addition.

I think you like the pick lol...just messing with ya

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Wheeler has Kisakov as the Sabres #11 prospect in his annual ranking of NHL prospect pools (Sabres are #1)

Wheeler’s 2022 NHL prospect pool rankings: No. 1 Buffalo Sabres – The Athletic

11. Alexander Kisakov, LW, 19 (Dynamo Moskva)
Kisakov is a highly-gifted winger with an underdeveloped 5-foot-10 frame (he’s listed at 150 pounds). He’s a fun player to watch against his peers because he’s never actually in trouble with the puck on his stick, and regularly pulls and drags it through feet to beat the same defender twice (which will get harder against better defenders but is a sure sign of skill and comfort). He’s also got a silky-smooth first touch, which helps him catch and release pucks quickly (to shoot or give it back). His ability to change directions, adjust on his edges in control to hang onto the puck under pressure, and flurry around the offensive zone to wreak havoc make him a first-round talent. He has this spin move that he uses one-on-one with defenders on the perimeter that is somewhere between a cut-back and a pirouette that he has absolutely mastered as a way to create separation for himself, too. His athletic immaturity though does raise concerns about how his skill will translate up levels, though, and it gives him a long-term projection even if he does make it. There’s a boom or bust element to his projection but his offensive zone gifts could result in some real payoff as a playmaker in the best-case scenario.

Reactions: Puppa2Miller

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
remind anyone of Afinogenov ?

No. Max's biggest tool was his speed and agility. Kisakov's best Sabre comp is probably pre-first knee injury Audette: small, gets into seams, cuts to hard areas, scores in a variety of ways. His shot is noticeably more accurate than anything I ever saw come of Max's stick. He's quick but not fast. And he's way more pointy than Max.

And yes, that second goal above was a "what am I even watching" moment when I was watching SKA-Dynamo earlier. Crazy stuff.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad