ALCS: Kansas City Royals vs Toronto Blue Jays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Jays in 6.

Their starting pitching doesn't scare me at all and our offense and rotation are better than their's. KC has a better pen and better defense than us, but our D is pretty good too (and their pen took a huge hit losing Holland, so even our with our pen losing Cecil, the gap slightly narrows). On paper, this is the best matchup we really could've hoped for. Houston scared me a lot more with their amazing rotation and pretty hot offense.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
This is going the distance. Plenty of hatred between the teams. Can't wait.
Cueto looked pretty good tonight. Feels surreal coming back from the brink of elimination.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Jays in 5. The started slow but woke up before it's too late. I feel like the Jays can get to the Royals pitching.

Jays have the better starters, better offense, and as great as the Royals pen is I'll take Sanchez, Lowe and Osuna to shut KC out for 3 innings anytime.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
As I wrote a few minutes ago, the series in late July-early August in Toronto was absolutely awesome. Back then, you just had a sense these 2 teams were going to meet in the playoffs and here it is. If this is anything close to that 4 game series, and it should be, we'll be in for a real treat.

The key to the series will be David Price. If he's the regular season awesome David Price, the Jays should win as their rotation is clearly better if he pitches at that level (I'll take Stroman-Estrada-Dickey over Ventura-Volquez-Young/Medlen). If Price continues to struggle, I think KC wins.

This is going at least 6. That I am fairly confident of. These 2 teams are too good to lose 4 of 5.

S A W F T*

Pulling for Jays in an epic Game 7 similar to what we saw this afternoon.

Still think Game 5 today has to be top 5 baseball game I've EVER seen.

Joey Batflip!

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
KC has the better pen, that is what wins this time of year. They win in 6.

That KC bullpen against Toronto in their season series this year?

20 IP 29 H 16 ER 11 BB 19 K

Toronto absolutely shredded their bullpen apart this year and are probably looking forward to facing them.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
That starting rotation tho.

Ehhh, could say the same thing about the Giants last year outside of Bumgarner. Cueto was great tonight, Volquez was good against Houston. Ventura throws hard and has shown signs of dominance.

That KC bullpen against Toronto in their season series this year?

20 IP 29 H 16 ER 11 BB 19 K

Toronto absolutely shredded their bullpen apart this year and are probably looking forward to facing them.

You post about baseball now? You win in Ocotber with power arms, and Davis/Herrera/Madson are exactly that.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
Ehhh, could say the same thing about the Giants last year outside of Bumgarner. Cueto was great tonight, Volquez was good against Houston. Ventura throws hard and has shown signs of dominance.

You post about baseball now? You win in Ocotber with power arms, and Davis/Herrera/Madson are exactly that.

Gotta agree with you here. The KC bullpen will be the difference. All KC needs from their starting rotation is 6 good innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad