Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I love the Rangers with all my heart and have for as long as I can remember. Earliest memories are the Tikkanen game against the Panthers in 97 when I was 7 yers old. But for the past year I've been insanely frustrated with AV to the point where I've watched the least amount of games I have in my entire life. And last night was the boiling point. My hatred for him has now superseded my love for the Rangers. Gluing your best pair to the bench in the final minutes with Holden out there WHO WE ALL SAW COSTING US THIS GAME ALL DAY YESTERDAY is just mindbogglingly stupid. Skjei and Smith were dominating out there. Dominating. Pure domination. Best players on the ice bar none.

WAKE THE **** UP YOU BLIND DICKWAD POS MOTHER****ER

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
It's possible to both coach through a transition year, while also making smart in-game decisions. He's done well with the first part. Did horribly last night icing Staal-Holden with the game on the line after they both played a horrid game.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Does anyone know who's in charge of sending defense pairings out on the ice during the game? Is it AV or Beukeboom? Whoever did it needs to take the blame for this loss.

Whoever it is made a mistake in thinking Staal-Holden was trustworthy late in the game. They had the coaching staff's trust, but still, most of us didn't agree with that, and the coaching staff's decision hurt the team. Also, even if they trusted Staal-Holden or not, the person who's throwing defense pairs out there made a big mistake in their time management. If you give up the game tying goal at the end of the game with your shutdown pairing resting on the bench because the coach throwing the pairings out there mismanaged the timing of which pairs see the ice when, that's probably the biggest mistake of the game. Absolutely brutal time management that McD-G was not on the ice at the end, especially McDonagh. The person who messed that up owes McDonagh a big apology. He's the team's best player, the captain and borderline the best defensive defenseman in the league, he absolutely needs to be out there at the end. To mess up his chance to close out the game and then have to answer after the game for other's mistakes is a complete and utter joke.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
But, 100 pts!

Well that's the thing, we aren't bad and AV isn't a bad coach but he makes really weird decisions and this one costs the team a pretty important game. It's bad and head scratching moves like that late in a game don't happen, or shouldn't

I think like 5 other guys on the board said he outsmarts himself.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Does anyone know who's in charge of sending defense pairings out on the ice during the game? Is it AV or Beukeboom? Whoever did it needs to take the blame for this loss.

Whoever it is made a mistake in thinking Staal-Holden was trustworthy late in the game. They had the coaching staff's trust, but still, most of us didn't agree with that, and the coaching staff's decision hurt the team. Also, even if they trusted Staal-Holden or not, the person who's throwing defense pairs out there made a big mistake in their time management. If you give up the game tying goal at the end of the game with your shutdown pairing resting on the bench because the coach throwing the pairings out there mismanaged the timing of which pairs see the ice when, that's probably the biggest mistake of the game. Absolutely brutal time management that McD-G was not on the ice at the end, especially McDonagh. The person who messed that up owes McDonagh a big apology. He's the team's best player, the captain and borderline the best defensive defenseman in the league, he absolutely needs to be out there at the end. To mess up his chance to close out the game and then have to answer after the game for other's mistakes is a complete and utter joke.

Good analysis. You ride your best horses into the heat of the battle, not your three legged ponies. AV = Napoleon/Custer hybrid with a passion for gum

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I love the Rangers with all my heart and have for as long as I can remember. Earliest memories are the Tikkanen game against the Panthers in 97 when I was 7 yers old. But for the past year I've been insanely frustrated with AV to the point where I've watched the least amount of games I have in my entire life. And last night was the boiling point. My hatred for him has now superseded my love for the Rangers. Gluing your best pair to the bench in the final minutes with Holden out there WHO WE ALL SAW COSTING US THIS GAME ALL DAY YESTERDAY is just mindbogglingly stupid. Skjei and Smith were dominating out there. Dominating. Pure domination. Best players on the ice bar none.

WAKE THE **** UP YOU BLIND DICKWAD POS MOTHER****ER

Yeah I stopped watching this season.

Same with the loss of interest at the garden, there just isn't enough heart or character on this team.

Just a bunch of guys that get to live well in NYC this year.

That's what happens when your coach has OCD & a pre-set of ideas that he will execute neurotically instead of adapting mid-game.

Other coaches know this, they adapt.

Only once did I see AV outcoach a premier coach in the league, and that was against DET when Babcock was there.

The Rangers switched from Man v. Man mid game into the 1-4 and won.

Only game I've seen AV adapt systemically.

Like how does he & Buek not see that Holden doesn't know how to block a shot properly?

It's not like he's coming from a defensive gem of a team in COL. Why bank on him... soft as diarrhea, and Staal... Softer than Bloody Diarrhea out there?

Constantly playing to survive instead of having a killer instinct.... The Rangers need to get Rammer to starting crushing testosterone pills into AV's drink everyday. Maybe he'll that will help him grow a pair.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well that's the thing, we aren't bad and AV isn't a bad coach but he makes really weird decisions and this one costs the team a pretty important game. It's bad and head scratching moves like that late in a game don't happen, or shouldn't
He is not a bad coach. But he is either so arrogant that he continues to try to insert a square peg into a round hole in the sheer belief that it will eventually go in, or he is not quite so creative and does not understand that beliefs and systems need tweaks.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
He is not a bad coach. But he is either so arrogant that he continues to try to insert a square peg into a round hole in the sheer belief that it will eventually go in, or he is not quite so creative and does not understand that beliefs and systems need tweaks.

Oh he's definitely arrogant. At least a little. He thinks he'll make it work but sometimes it doesn't work like that. He outsmarts himself sometimes instead of making the simple choice that removed threat more than a risky move.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I said it before and I will say it again: As someone who played sports at a professional level, I won't blame the coach for this. Absolutely on the players here.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I said it before and I will say it again: As someone who played sports at a professional level, I won't blame the coach for this. Absolutely on the players here.

Can't fire the players. Can fire the coach after losing to an inferior team in round 1. Having Staal and Holden (who was deemed bad enough to scratch today) is going to cost them this series. Its completely justified to let him go. His playoff performances at home have been horrific. How many times do they need to get shut out at home, because the other team shuts down their vertical game and he has no idea what to do?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

I blame a system predicated on stretch passes...breakaway and oddman rushes..
With absolutely zero forecheck or cycle ability whatsoever. Our system has been a playoff joke for a long time. Its gonna keep playing out this way as long as this ahole is running things.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Yes and no. The players have to execute the system, but it's part of the coach's job to keep the team sharp mentally. This team is not sharp mentally. They haven't been in any game of the series.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
bO6Uv1e.gif

Sayonara

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
He's coached this team that's been bottom of the barrel in analytics for three straight seasons, and they can't score a goal on home ice in the playoffs. He also refuses to play defenseman that can actually contribute offensively and his system sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad