Alain Vigneault Named Head Coach, 4/15/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Flyers name Alain Vigneault head coach

The Philadelphia Flyers have appointed Alain Vigneault as the 21st head coach in franchise history, signing him to a multi-year contract, according to Executive Vice President & General Manager Chuck Fletcher.

"We are extremely excited to have Alain join this franchise and lead our team behind the bench for many years to come," said Fletcher. "He brings a tremendous amount of success over an extended period of time that will prove valuable to our team to take the next steps in returning the winning culture to the Philadelphia Flyers organization."

"It is an honor to be selected as the next head coach of the Flyers,"
said Vigneault. "The history they have established and the passionate fan base has made this a first-class franchise. I am excited to work with Chuck, the talented group of players and prospects coming up through the system, in order to return Philadelphia to the top of the NHL landscape."

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
great...... will be watching only afternoon games going foward

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Br9Z_T.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well there you go, I guess... much earlier than I expected someone to be hired, without even seeing what happens with the playoffs and if anyone gets fired from there, but I guess Fletcher is confident in this decision and is moving forward.

I really don't like his recent work, but I'll give him a fair shot and just hope that he shows more Vancouver AV than New York AV.

He better not f*** with the youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad