Kings Article: Akil Thomas Has Made Quite The Impression in LA Kings Training Camp

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Last year in the Los Angeles Kings training camp, center prospect Akil Thomas was playing to not make mistakes. But all that meant that he wouldn’t make plays and that led to him not making much of an impression on the Kings coaches or front office staff.
But this year, Thomas has come into camp considerably stronger and with greater confidence and he’s already made quite the positive impression.
Read all about what Thomas had to say about training camp so far, not to mention what the front office thinks about his development at...

Akil Thomas Has Made Quite The Impression in LA Kings Training Camp

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Glad it wasn't just me, even Futa notes that was a huge step up from rookie camp. Thomas looked MUCH better last night than earlier this summer, Gann et. al. really nailed my major concerns with him before, and seems like even Akil noted it: "“Last year, I didn’t want the puck,” he noted. “I didn’t want to mess up, turn it over—do something stupid. I still feel like that, a little bit. But it’s not the exact same feeling as last year, though. I’m starting to get a little more comfortable and I want the puck more. When I have the puck, that’s when I can play my game.”"

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Fantastic article.

My biggest fear of him last year was lacking an identity, which was reflected in his timid play and not wanting the puck, as he said.

He looks like a completely different player this new season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad