Airing Out Gear in College

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
How do any of you college students/graduates go about drying and airing out your equipment while living in a dorm? I don't want to lay it out in the dorm room because the smell would cause big issues with my roommate, but I have no other ideas on where to put it.

Any ideas?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Would study outdoors with my gear airing out and bring it back up the the dorm afterwards.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Don't know about you guys but my dorm has a bike room that I've been leaving my stuff in to dry out. Either that or someone's car that will eternally smell bad.

Tacks92

Jun 16, 2014
We had like a luggage / storage room on every floor. Bike room would probably accomplish the same thing. Outta smell outta mind. That was the key.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
I would definitely try to invest in a Rocket Dryer. It's worth it, and honestly, even if you can't invest the cash, you could probably blackmail your dorm neighbors to plunk down the 100 or so bucks it costs with the stink they are going to be smelling otherwise. Dries gear, bone dry, in just a few hours.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I have always just used my wife's clothes drying rack immediately after games, and I've never had a problem with stinky equipment. Though since you're in a dorm, even that may be a little tight.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
When I was in college the entire team shoved their bags into a large storage bin at the rink. It was one of the worst things I've ever smelled. Some people left it in their car (questionable move tbh) but since I didn't have a car, the bin was the my only choice. Definitely don't put it in your dorm room. You might be desensitized to the smell but the people around you are not. My only suggestion is to ask the rink manager if there is storage somewhere at the rink.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I used one of the shock doctor bags, which worked great. Shame they no longer make 'em, they were perfect for dorm or apartment living.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad