Air fresheners

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
For another 10 bucks, you could try this passive item (showed up right next to the spray on the Amazon page) that reportedly works for 1 year+ ... PURGGO Car Air Freshener. Gets decent buyer reviews. Be sure to read & follow manufacturer's instructions/advice for use. Smaller bamboo activated charcoal pouch fresheners also are offered & distributed by Amazon. Good luck.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
For another 10 bucks, you could try this passive item (showed up right next to the spray on the Amazon page) that reportedly works for 1 year+ ... PURGGO Car Air Freshener. Gets decent buyer reviews. Be sure to read & follow manufacturer's instructions/advice for use. Smaller bamboo activated charcoal pouch fresheners also are offered & distributed by Amazon. Good luck.
I saw these. I was looking for a product with a scent that would last.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I saw these. I was looking for a product with a scent that would last.
That's the problem: The only scents that last are the ones you're trying to cover up. That's why I suggested filtering instead. I'm speaking from experience, as my personal auto hasn't had the interior cleaned in any manner or fashion for over 20 years. :eek:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
That's the problem: The only scents that last are the ones you're trying to cover up. That's why I suggested filtering instead. I'm speaking from experience, as my personal auto hasn't had the interior cleaned in any manner or fashion for over 20 years. :eek:
I'm not trying to cover up any smells or anything like that. Just want a smell good scent that will last a while.

Reactions: JMCx4

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I'm trying the charcoal thing now. I'll give you an update soon.

If you open a fresh box of dryer sheets, put one under the seat in your car. That works just about as well as any of these air fresheners do.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
ya, let me know.

I can definitely say the air in my car is “neutral” at this point. Which I guess is the point of these things. My car never smelled bad anyway. I think buying one of these may improve the chances the actual air fresheners are the primary smell of the vehicle.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I can definitely say the air in my car is “neutral” at this point. Which I guess is the point of these things. My car never smelled bad anyway. I think buying one of these may improve the chances the actual air fresheners are the primary smell of the vehicle.
My wife & I rented a car late last week, and the interior smelled like the cleaning crew had left the windows open when they ran it through the car washing station. Turns out highly concentrated industrial soap smell is almost as sickening & just as impossible to air out as stale cigarette smell. Thanks, Avis! :eek:

Sep 19, 2008
Just go to Target and slide one of these bad boys under your driver seat

41rrvdPDbLL.jpg

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
I’ve never used air fresheners but the ones that come into the shop, I like are called california scents, they come in a tuna can looking thing. Smells good but not overpowering imo. Just open the can a bit and throw it under the seats.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’ve never used air fresheners but the ones that come into the shop, I like are called california scents, they come in a tuna can looking thing. Smells good but not overpowering imo. Just open the can a bit and throw it under the seats.
These are what I use, I toss one in the cup holder, haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad