Prospect Info: Aiden Celebrini: 171st Overall 2023 Draft (Brooks AJHL) - RD

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So with the elder Celebrini, who knows? I know next to nothing about AJHL....is it on par with the BCJHL?
Same level. Is it the same quality? BCHL seems to attract players from outside the province, so not just BC born and raised kids. There are even American born kids that go to the BCHL. Most of the Tier II leagues are in smaller towns, so it's not the city that attracts the kids. They go to where they can develop and get opportunities for NCAA scholarships.

Reactions: andora

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Ya I doubt he gets much action at all unfortunately. Slightly concerned about Willander's ice time as well with 2 returning drafted RHD and another highly regarded 2023 RHD pick in Gavin McCarthy.

I think Willander will play a big role for their team. Even Pandolfo, the head coach, said they have big plans for him. Will he be playing 30 mins a night? Probably not. But, it's not always bad to have seniors there for your freshman year. Still, will be tough to evaluate progression sometimes, though I think BU has a tremendous staff where they will develop.

Wrong thread but realistically if Willander is any good he will play a big role. I would be a bit concerned if he's actually "stuck behind" some guys (of course I'll rationalize it away if it happens).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hopefully another 'late bloomer' on the Canucks blueline. Their prospect pool on defense sure looks a lot more promising than it did just a couple of seasons ago.

Don't know much about the AJHL.....is it equivalent to the BCHL? If the Brooks Bandits won the National Jr. A Title, I'm assuming the top teams in that league are as good or better than teams in the BCJHL?

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Don't know much about the AJHL.....is it equivalent to the BCHL? If the Brooks Bandits won the National Jr. A Title, I'm assuming the top teams in that league are as good or better than teams in the BCJHL?

Not not really. AJHL is pretty much a one team league. BCHL haven't played in the Junior A championships for the last few years.

Most BCHL teams can easily beat the AJHL teams (other than Brooks).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I suppose it represent some 'progress' at least in principle, that both this spring's first overall draft pick; and the likely first overall pick in the 2024 draft, are Canuck fans and would dearly have loved to play for the local whale-tails.

But unfortunately the only time Canuck fans will be able to see Connor Bedard or Macklin Celebrini play is on television, or the few times their NHL teams visit Vancouver.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Fellow Canucks prospect Aiden Celebrini also had a good game. He spent some time on the penalty kill as well and picked up a pair of assists in the game, giving him his first points in the NCAA after being held off the scorer’s sheet last week in his NCAA debut.

The number one ranked Boston University ended up losing the game by a score of 6-4 but we had some great moments from the Canucks’ prospect in this one, and honestly, that’s what we all want to see. Both Willander and Celebrini were +2 on the night and this bodes well for ice time in upcoming games.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Not much discussion on this guy, but damn 4 points in 3 games in the NCAA (more than Willander). I think he is a steal as a 6th round pick.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Not much discussion on this guy, but damn 4 points in 3 games in the NCAA (more than Willander). I think he is a steal as a 6th round pick.

The biggest thing is he’s being given more opportunity then anyone expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad