Apr 21, 2014
Those Slavin breakout passes tho

Thanks for posting, loved every minute.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
that can just be the hype video for next season

the crazy part is how many plays he makes that don't result in a goal/assist that wouldn't be there

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
My favorite has to be around the 21:15 mark where he battled for NJ Devils, kicked it skate to stick and scored from an unbelievable angle.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
My favorite has to be around the 21:15 mark where he battled for NJ Devils, kicked it skate to stick and scored from an unbelievable angle.

18:00 goal is similar.

Puck gets lose between the dots. 5 Panthers players and Aho are alone in front of the goalie battling. In a fraction of a second Aho locates the puck behind and to the left of him while in the middle of pivoting, navigates his stick through traffic, gets wood on rubber, and snaps a beautiful riser past the goalie. Watch the same clip and focus on Petrovic next to Aho, it is as if Petrovic is moving through molasses.

Tripp talks about Aho's "long stick" and that is a prime example. That type of scoring will always be underrated because it is about cashing in on opportunities rather than raw velocity or puck placement. It is a large part of how Crosby can put up 40.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Thing that amazes me that he wasn't supposed to have was that laser one timer. And it's not just luck, you can see him pick his spot. Those are the kind of goals that guys like Hull and Ovechkin score. We weren't led to believe he was a natural goal scorer but some of those goals are straight up superstar level.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Why do you do this to me? Dont you know I miss hockey, and you post something sexy like this.

You are a bad person!

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
So an interesting tweet popped up on my timeline...

The thing that I thought was impressive, other than Sebastian just being an all around good guy, were those "guns" he's sporting. There has been some anecdotal evidence that he's a workout guy, but that's some confirmation right there...

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The thing that I thought was impressive, other than Sebastian just being an all around good guy, were those "guns" he's sporting. There has been some anecdotal evidence that he's a workout guy, but that's some confirmation right there...

Those foot-taller guys don't just remove themselves from a board battle, you know.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Thing that amazes me that he wasn't supposed to have was that laser one timer. And it's not just luck, you can see him pick his spot. Those are the kind of goals that guys like Hull and Ovechkin score. We weren't led to believe he was a natural goal scorer but some of those goals are straight up superstar level.

He shoot at 90+ mph summer before last season. Dude can shoot. Honestly theres not much he cant do.

Why do you do this to me? Dont you know I miss hockey, and you post something sexy like this.

You are a bad person!

Soon season starts again and now the league will have 2 aho's!!

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Yeah, and his post game interview was great. I can't remember exactly what he said but something like he just kept smashing everything (or slashing).

"I just smash everything."

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
"I just smash everything."

Aho SMASH!! As much as we talk about how virtually untouchable Slavin is, I personally view Aho as even more untouchable...his vision and IQ are just so incredible (like Slavin's poise), you can't really teach or replace those types of talents.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Lots of Lindholm and TT in that highlight package.

Interesting stat I saw today while rooting around:

Lindholm is tied for #6 in the league (next to Malkin, Gaudreau, and Zetterberg) for Primary Assists per 60 (1.17 PA/60).

The next closest Canes players are Stempniak at 0.55 PA/60 and Derek Ryan at 0.53 PA/60. Two players whose primary assist numbers are likely inflated by playing on a line with Skinner (who was 2nd in the league for ES Goals without the benefit of a legit playmaker). Less than half of Lindholm and good for 150th in the league.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
So an interesting tweet popped up on my timeline...

He's gettin' bigggger! Love it!!! :nod:

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017

To me as a Finn thats already kinda his signature move. Quick pass then stick up ready for a one timer. Seen him do it so many times before. Funny how underrated he gets. I can safely assume he'll never be as flashy as some he's being compared to, but he is the last guy I would predict to slump. Consistency, thats the word.

Fav was everything vs Philly. All goals were beauts.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
I calculated at least 5 "that's hockey baby":'s but, surprisingly, only 3 "hey, hey, whaddaya say":'s in that highlight package.

I really hope the Canes PBP guys do their summer training well and google for new catchphrases. Because I think Aho will provide them a lot of opportunities to use 'em.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I calculated at least 5 "that's hockey baby":'s but, surprisingly, only 3 "hey, hey, whaddaya say":'s in that highlight package.

That's all? I thought there'd be more.

Clearly Aho isn't living up to the hype.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad