AHL Schedule

Wakefield49

May 24, 2013
Netherlands
I saw that last year the AHL schedule was released in August. Is this always announced so late? Or will the first part of the season be announced earlier?

We are planning a hockey trip through USA and want to visit a couple of games from the AHL.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I saw that last year the AHL schedule was released in August. Is this always announced so late? Or will the first part of the season be announced earlier?

We are planning a hockey trip through USA and want to visit a couple of games from the AHL.

Schedule is usually released in August for a couple of reasons.

First, shared tenancy with NBA teams (who usually get higher priority scheduling).

Second, sometimes there is other NHL related coordination to do (i.e., start the season after NHL, etc.)

You might check the cities you want to visit and the AHL venue's scheduled calendar. Excluding week(s) for large events, there is usually something within a couple of weekends.

If you're visiting New England (Massachusetts, et al), there are a number of AHL teams that may be hosting each other, so an hour or two drive between might mean you can see one team or another.

Wakefield49

May 24, 2013
Netherlands
Thanks for the information!

We are trying to see as much hockey as possible driving from Philly to Memphis (NHL, ECHL, SPHL etc). But we are Dutch, so we would love to visit a game of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers because they signed Mike Dalhuisen. I will keep an eye on the calendar of their venue!

MarkUkLeaf

Dec 11, 2011
UK
The poster who mentioned NBA is correct. The schedule will (normally) come out within a week of the NBA schedule being announced, as quite a few AHL teams are tenants of a building which is the property or main tenants of an NBA team.
Schedule was released 17th August last year.
Good luck in getting to see some games!

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Thanks for the information!

We are trying to see as much hockey as possible driving from Philly to Memphis (NHL, ECHL, SPHL etc). But we are Dutch, so we would love to visit a game of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers because they signed Mike Dalhuisen. I will keep an eye on the calendar of their venue!

Philly to Memphis? You stop for the Hershey Bears, Knoxville Ice Bears and Mississippi River Kings. You could be able to see the Charlotte Checkers, Greenville Road Warriors, Gwinnett Gladiators, Cincinnati Cyclones, Evansville Icemen, Wheeling Nailers and Reading Royals depending on which way you go. Have fun!

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Information above is what I would have said as well about August and the NBA. In past years, the AHL has guaranteed teams a handful (5 or 6 home dates,) and allows the teams to announce those dates earlier than the full schedule release. Keep an eye for that around the third week of June to sometime in July, depending on the team based on the last few seasons. However, it's only a few games per team and does not include the opponent or the game time, etc.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
The start of the early date announcements:

@kevinoDandC

Early release dates: #Amerks home opener is Oct. 4. Game in Buffalo on Wed., Oct. 30. Full AHL schedule in August.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
just a heads up that these early dates are starting to be released, so keep an eye out for planning purposes; looks like opening weekend may start with Friday, October 4

WBS early release dates

WBS Penguins

Saturday, October 12
Friday, November 29
Saturday, December 14
Friday, December 27
Saturday, January 4
Saturday, January 11

Texas Stars

Saturday, October 5, 2013
Friday, November 8, 2013
Saturday, November 9, 2013
Friday, December 6, 2013
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Friday, January 10, 2014

Last edited:

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
I got a call from lord dave on high and he said here is the schedule for next year::

Chicago, Milwaukee, Rockford, Iowa play each other 20 times and Grand Rapids 16 times each.

Texas, San Antonio, and OKC play each other exclusively. Abbotsford plays Utica home and home for 76 games.

MM658

Feb 7, 2011
Springfield, MA area
I got a call from lord dave on high and he said here is the schedule for next year::

Chicago, Milwaukee, Rockford, Iowa play each other 20 times and Grand Rapids 16 times each.

Texas, San Antonio, and OKC play each other exclusively. Abbotsford plays Utica home and home for 76 games.
C'mon, that's silly-talk. There's no way they'll devise a schedule with THAT much variety.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007

So Sayeth The Shepard.......

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

LOL Tommy!

In the IHL days, SLC and Phoenix played each other 22 times one season. For one second, I thought you were serious, until I read paragraph three.

In these modern times, Milwaukee only plays Chicago 12 times a season. Last year had mere 8 games against GR, IIRC.

BTW, you have said that Texas, SA and OKC play each other and Rochester only!

Last edited:

JungleJON

May 10, 2011
If you are driving through Pennsylvania - why not stop by Johnstown, PA to see the Tomahawks (NAHL) - home of the movie Slap Shot. Small city, but other things to see close by.

Wakefield49

May 24, 2013
Netherlands
If you are driving through Pennsylvania - why not stop by Johnstown, PA to see the Tomahawks (NAHL) - home of the movie Slap Shot. Small city, but other things to see close by.

I have made one big Google Map with all teams we could see. This one was already on that map, but thanks for your suggestion!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Could it actually be true?!?!

Well, we have a date for the home opener! October 19th! It’s a Saturday. I’ve also heard that we’ll be playing every team in our conference this year….so we’ll see the Rochester Americans for the first time since…since I don’t know….since Ryan Miller was their goaltender maybe?

http://admiralsroundtable.com/2013/06/29/dusting-off-the-old-blog/

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3