Prospect Info: AHL Prospect thread

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
True has been playing decent it seems
I always liked True on the Sharks (was a fan of them before the Kraken). To me if he could be more engaged physically he could be a mainstay in the bottom-6 of our team. He is just not offensively gifted to play in the top-6 and need to play a tough/grindy game to earn a spot in the bottom-6. Especially our bottom-6.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg

By 2027, I'm calling it right now, their AHL team is relocated within the Seattle Metro area, either Kent or Everett with either the Thunderbirds/Silvertips relocating elsewhere my guess being Wenatchee. Similar situation with Vegas. But I'm totally guessing Everett, where they can build an excellent rivalry with the Abbotsford Canucks. Or if they did Spokane, it might open the door for AHL in Idaho.

As for Palm Springs, I see either San Jose or Calgary taking over if Seattle decides to move to the Metro Seattle area.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
By 2027, I'm calling it right now, their AHL team is relocated within the Seattle Metro area, either Kent or Everett with either the Thunderbirds/Silvertips relocating elsewhere my guess being Wenatchee. Similar situation with Vegas. But I'm totally guessing Everett, where they can build an excellent rivalry with the Abbotsford Canucks. Or if they did Spokane, it might open the door for AHL in Idaho.

As for Palm Springs, I see either San Jose or Calgary taking over if Seattle decides to move to the Metro Seattle area.
Probably a stupid question but is there demand for hockey in Palm springs. Seems weird in the middle of the desert.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Probably a stupid question but is there demand for hockey in Palm springs. Seems weird in the middle of the desert.

Coachella Valley has a lot of people travel there during the winter months and stay there and i mean A LOT. Also most of the divisional teams are in california.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Coachella Valley has a lot of people travel there during the winter months and stay there and i mean A LOT. Also most of the divisional teams are in california.
Makes sense and obviously they wouldnt set up a team just anywhere without research. Just so random that a place that can get well over 100 odd degrees over the summer would love winter sports.

What's the reason for hockey failing in Arizona? Just a bad team forever?

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Makes sense and obviously they wouldnt set up a team just anywhere without research. Just so random that a place that can get well over 100 odd degrees over the summer would love winter sports.

What's the reason for hockey failing in Arizona? Just a bad team forever?

Arena in wrong location with the fan base in the east valley and the team isn't really making money in the arena they are in now.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Arena in wrong location with the fan base in the east valley and the team isn't really making money in the arena they are in now.
Will they likely move to Houston?

I'm shocked Portland doesn't have a team given the Rose Garden is top notch. If there is a sure fire way to get the Kraken good, it's having an obnoxious little brother constantly telling you 'eff Seattle' and the Seattle having to put them back in their place. League could make a lot out of a Cascadian rivalry including Vancouver.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Will they likely move to Houston?

I'm shocked Portland doesn't have a team given the Rose Garden is top notch. If there is a sure fire way to get the Kraken good, it's having an obnoxious little brother constantly telling you 'eff Seattle' and the Seattle having to put them back in their place. League could make a lot out of a Cascadian rivalry including Vancouver.

Na They are working on getting an arena in Tempe (more closer to where the fanbase is) but that's a separate discussion there is already a thread on the whole coyotes issue in the BOH section

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg

Honestly, I was hoping they'd put the AHL affiliate in Boise because I like for the game of hockey to be spread out and build more potential markets. But I think they eyed Palm Springs for the sake of it being a nice spot for vacations. But like I said, I see the Kraken moving their AHL team to somewhere like Everett in a few seasons because my prediction is the demand for hockey gets higher in the Seattle area.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Honestly, I was hoping they'd put the AHL affiliate in Boise because I like for the game of hockey to be spread out and build more potential markets. But I think they eyed Palm Springs for the sake of it being a nice spot for vacations. But like I said, I see the Kraken moving their AHL team to somewhere like Everett in a few seasons because my prediction is the demand for hockey gets higher in the Seattle area.

Seattle already said they aren't placing the team in Washington state cause they do not want to disrupt the WHL teams.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad