GDT: AHL Playoffs - Albany Devils vs. Toronto Marlies: Game Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Great game by Severson. He was very dangerous every time he had the puck.

Lappin missed, at least, three MUST score chances. Boucher missed an open net that would give them a 3-1 lead. Unbelievable. Albany PP is really, really bad.

Blandisi is kind of a jerk.

Love Boucher SH. Really dangerous.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
At least it's not a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 format like Ontario-San Diego :laugh: :amazed:

I guess that one was about arena availability but it seems odd that the other two series are 2-2-1-1-1, ours is the only 2-3-2 this round. A 2-2-1-1-1 would have given the fans an extra weekend game to go to in Albany as it worked out.

Travel distance is too far between Albany & Toronto .

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Sorry Jim, like I said I rarely jot down mental notes from games I watch live but I'll do my best. It was an awesome game, there was a kid there with a Blandisi jersey #64, so hopefully he keeps that number aha. Blandisi didn't create too much offense but he did a great job of getting under their skin, wow do they hate him. Sevs had a great game, sometimes tried to do too much. Bouch was good, Lappin was good. Wedgie was fighting the puck all night.

That's all for now

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Sorry Jim, like I said I rarely jot down mental notes from games I watch live but I'll do my best. It was an awesome game, there was a kid there with a Blandisi jersey #64, so hopefully he keeps that number aha. Blandisi didn't create too much offense but he did a great job of getting under their skin, wow do they hate him. Sevs had a great game, sometimes tried to do too much. Bouch was good, Lappin was good. Wedgie was fighting the puck all night.

That's all for now

Hope you had fun, but, overall, you are not allowed to see a Devils win in person, at any level. :sarcasm:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Devils outshot and outchanced them, even with Zacha out of the lineup.
Wedge didn't have one of his best games.

I hope the home Devils crowd gives them a boost on Sunday.

Attendance this round will be a lot less than last round.

Considerably less NJ fans making the trip with no Fri/Sat games and no Utica fans either.

Sadly the Capital Region area hockey fans mostly ignore the AHL.

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

That's all for now

Thank you. I appreciate it.

I always like to hear the perspective of someone who was at a game live. You just pick up on nuances that never come through on TV or video.

Thanks again.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
The lack of news on Zacha's injury is frustrating. I think this would be his second concussion this year if true...scary for our top prospect.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The lack of news on Zacha's injury is frustrating. I think this would be his second concussion this year if true...scary for our top prospect.

If it's something that resembles a concussion, he best be shut down for the season.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I agree. And who heck wrote that Zacha, wasn't hurt. If it was the Albany beat writer, he made a dam fool of himself.

Pete is the only Albany area sports writer that covers the Devils so let's give him a break.

Teams are tight lipped on injuries in the playoffs.

Toronto got away with two cheap shots that knocked JOB and Zacha out.

Last edited:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Posted this in the general Albany thread also:

Not sure if it will go up around game time, but I was watching SteveDangle's Game 2 recap and he said that the next 3 games will be available on Leafs TV. If anyone wants to go there and check it out around the start time, hopefully it works for anyone who wants to watch!

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Pete is the only Albany area sports writer that covers the Devils so let's give him a break.

Teams are tight lipped on injuries in the playoffs.

Toronto got away with two cheap shots that knocked JOB and Zacha out.

I hate that they're tight-lipped on the arguably most important player in our franchise.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I agree. And who heck wrote that Zacha, wasn't hurt. If it was the Albany beat writer, he made a dam fool of himself.

He didn't deny he was hurt per se, he wrote he didn't hear anything about an injury and didn't know where it came from. Of course that's the way of the world now, these guys actually get scooped by Twitter from time to time. And it's hard to expect even a beat guy to know everything when an injury happens late in a game and the organization's secretive on injuries in general.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
He didn't deny he was hurt per se, he wrote he didn't hear anything about an injury and didn't know where it came from. Of course that's the way of the world now, these guys actually get scooped by Twitter from time to time. And it's hard to expect even a beat guy to know everything when an injury happens late in a game and the organization's secretive on injuries in general.

Someone posted his remark about Zacha not being injured, when we were all posting that Zacha was injured. I don't follow this guy, just seems he was questioning the reports about Zacha. Seems like the beat writer was left out of loop.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
As I was walking out of the Ricoh on Friday a Marlies fan asked if I wanted some tissues after that loss... To which I responded, no man it's the AHL :laugh:

I want the Devs to win but don't really care if they lose. A lot of Marlies/Leafs fans have hopped on the wagon hard though, I think they'd be crushed if they lost :P

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
As I was walking out of the Ricoh on Friday a Marlies fan asked if I wanted some tissues after that loss... To which I responded, no man it's the AHL :laugh:

I want the Devs to win but don't really care if they lose. A lot of Marlies/Leafs fans have hopped on the wagon hard though, I think they'd be crushed if they lost :P

Cocky fan for a series tied 1-1. Did he need tissues after game 1?:laugh:

I want to see Albany win, but won't really care if they don't. It's only the AHL. Having a bunch of Leafs fans all season use the Marlies success as proof of their amazing prospect pool, only for our "terrible prospect pool" to beat them would be good though.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012

That's utterly pathetic :laugh:

Also now there are goalie chants in AHL games. It was cool when it was Marty vs Henrik. Now it's gone way too far.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cocky fan for a series tied 1-1. Did he need tissues after game 1?:laugh:

I want to see Albany win, but won't really care if they don't. It's only the AHL. Having a bunch of Leafs fans all season use the Marlies success as proof of their amazing prospect pool, only for our "terrible prospect pool" to beat them would be good though.
Fans of the team that earned the first overall pick the hard way. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad