AHL Playoff Predictions

Cougar Saucy

Dec 2, 2013
Playoff seeds I believe DO get reseeded. Here are my predictions. Who ya got? GO!

EASTERN CONFERENCE
1- Manchester
8- Norfolk

2- Springfield
7- Providence

3- Binghamton
6- Wilkes Barre/Scranton

4- St. John's
5- Albany

WESTERN CONFERENCE
1- Texas
8- Oklahoma

2- Chicago
7- Rochester

3- Toronto
6- Milwaukee

4- Grand Rapids
5- Abbotsford

East Round 2
1- Manchester
7- Providence

5- Albany
6- WBS

West Round 2
1- Texas
5- Abbotsford

2- Chicago
3- Toronto

East Round 3
5- Albany
7- Providence

West Round 3
1- Texas
3- Toronto

Calder Cup Champions
Albany Devils :devdance:

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Playoff seeds I believe DO get reseeded. Here are my predictions. Who ya got? GO!

EASTERN CONFERENCE
1- Manchester
8- Norfolk

2- Springfield
7- Providence

3- Binghamton
6- Wilkes Barre/Scranton

4- St. John's
5- Albany

WESTERN CONFERENCE
1- Texas
8- Oklahoma

2- Chicago
7- Rochester

3- Toronto
6- Milwaukee

4- Grand Rapids
5- Abbotsford

East Round 2
1- Manchester
7- Providence

5- Albany
6- WBS

West Round 2
1- Texas
5- Abbotsford

2- Chicago
3- Toronto

East Round 3
5- Albany
7- Providence

West Round 3
1- Texas
3- Toronto

Calder Cup Champions
Albany Devils :devdance:

Cheering for my IceCaps. However I believe the Stars take it this year. So much scoring power

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Texas has a butt kicking team. They will come out of the West like a thunderstorm.

I think that Milwaukee will knock out Toronto. The Ads have had good success vs Toronto. Then they will probably lose to Chicago, because Allen is a really good goalie.

I haven't seen the East at all. A wild guess is WBS losing to Texas for the Calder Cup.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Wbs does not match up well with bingo, for whatever reason. They need to stay out of the penalty box.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
Nice to see fans in both Manchester and Albany turn out strong for early round playoff attendance. The Devils & Monarchs both drawing almost 7000 fans, thats very good for an early round game. Fans in Albany who have seen the Devils only make the playoffs twice in the last 15 years must have been playoff hungry lol.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Nice to see fans in both Manchester and Albany turn out strong for early round playoff attendance. The Devils & Monarchs both drawing almost 7000 fans, thats very good for an early round game. Fans in Albany who have seen the Devils only make the playoffs twice in the last 15 years must have been playoff hungry lol.
well i would guess that albany is getting glens falls fans as well as utica fans coming in.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Grand Rapids get a boost and have Mrazek in goal. They never seem to be out of it.

Texas looks tough for sure.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Albany does look good. Grand Rapids is dominating an improved Abbotsford team. Wilkes Barre might be a surprise too. But I say Texas/Springfield in the Finals

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Marlies sweep away Chicago will ease. Now 7-0 in the playoffs. Kind of surprised Chicago didn't put up more of a fight, Allen looked pretty ordinary.

But full credit to Toronto, they have played some pretty damn good hockey so far. The Western Conference Final is going to be a very tight, close series IMO. I really don't have a preference on who we play but I'm going to say Grand Rapids just so we can have home ice advantage.

Marlies reach the Western Conference Final for the 2nd time in 3 years. Yeah our prospects sure suck..

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
I predict the wolves will squeal by Rochester in 5 games and then get their buts handed to them in being swept by Toronto.

MM658

Feb 7, 2011
Springfield, MA area
There will be a new, first-time champion this year, guaranteed.

The four remaining cities have never won the Cup before.

St. John's - 17th year in the league, 0 Cups.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - 15th year in the league, 0 Cups.
Toronto - 10th year in the league, 0 Cups.
Austin, TX - 5th year in the league, 0 Cups.

Interestingly, in the previous round, all four of them defeated franchises that have won the Cup before (Norfolk, Providence, Chicago, Grand Rapids, respectively).

Last edited:

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
There will be a new, first-time champion this year, guaranteed.

The four remaining cities have never won the Cup before.

St. John's - 17th year in the league, 0 Cups.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - 15th year in the league, 0 Cups.
Toronto - 10th year in the league, 0 Cups.
Austin, TX - 5th year in the league, 0 Cups.

Interestingly, in the previous round, all four of them defeated franchises that have won the Cup before (Norfolk, Providence, Chicago, Grand Rapids, respectively).

Where did you come up with 17 years for St. John's? This is the IceCaps only started in 2011.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Where did you come up with 17 years for St. John's? This is the IceCaps only started in 2011.

That's because he said CITIES that have not won it, not teams.

I predict the wolves will squeal by Rochester in 5 games and then get their buts handed to them in being swept by Toronto.

By the way its also not a prediction if you make the declaration after the events have transpired. :P

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
That's because he said CITIES that have not won it, not teams.

By the way its also not a prediction if you make the declaration after the events have transpired. :P

Well, Toronto hasn't won anything hockey related since 67 and St. John's had the Leafs starting in 1991 so it has been 23 years. So what if they didn't have a team, time still passed.....

The Stars are not in Austin, they are in Cedar Park.

MM658

Feb 7, 2011
Springfield, MA area
RE: Cedar Park -- yeah...and the Buffalo Bills play in Orchard Park, the Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington, and the New York Giants/Jets play in East Rutherford, NJ.

Y'all are some major-league nitpickers around here!
:shakehead :D

PS - Tommy, by your logic (23 years), should we say that 2014 is the 64th straight season without an AHL championship for Indianapolis? After all, they haven't won one since 1950. Never mind that they haven't had an AHL team since 1952 -- so what, time still passed!

Enjoy life more; sweat the 7th decimal place less. Just sayin'...

Last edited:

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
RE: Cedar Park -- yeah...and the Buffalo Bills play in Orchard Park, the Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington, and the New York Giants/Jets play in East Rutherford, NJ.

Y'all are some major-league nitpickers around here!
:shakehead :D

PS - Tommy, by your logic (23 years), should we say that 2014 is the 64th straight season without an AHL championship for Indianapolis? After all, they haven't won one since 1950. Never mind that they haven't had an AHL team since 1952 -- so what, time still passed!

Enjoy life more; sweat the 7th decimal place less. Just sayin'...

And the Wolves play in Rosemont. I don't care about the other stuff but Austin is definitely not Cedar Park and they are not the Austin Stars playing in Cedar Park as in the examples you listed where the team is named one place and plays in another.

And Indianapolis doesn't have an AHL team but if they did have one this year I would say it has been 64 years since they won since it has been.

MM658

Feb 7, 2011
Springfield, MA area
And Indianapolis doesn't have an AHL team but if they did have one this year I would say it has been 64 years since they won since it has been.
...and my original post quite clearly stated, "17th year in the league" -- not "23 years since they joined the league". Apples and kumquats.

I find it amusing (but not in a good way) that reading comprehension can be such an optional skill on a message forum. <sigh> :shakehead

I don't care about the other stuff but Austin is definitely not Cedar Park and they are not the Austin Stars playing in Cedar Park as in the examples you listed where the team is named one place and plays in another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Austin --
"The two largest cities in the metropolitan area are Austin and Round Rock. Other large municipalities in the Austin–Round Rock–San Marcos MSA (cities with over 25,000 people as of the 2008 census) are, in order of size, Cedar Park, San Marcos, Georgetown, Pflugerville, Kyle and Leander."

If you (and others) cannot see that using the word "Austin" to refer to a team that plays in the Austin MSA--clearly serving the Austin market--when making a general statement that whichever franchise wins the Cup this season will be a first-time winner, then you're not seeing the forest for the trees.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
...and my original post quite clearly stated, "17th year in the league" -- not "23 years since they joined the league". Apples and kumquats.

I find it amusing (but not in a good way) that reading comprehension can be such an optional skill on a message forum. <sigh> :shakehead

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Austin --
"The two largest cities in the metropolitan area are Austin and Round Rock. Other large municipalities in the Austin–Round Rock–San Marcos MSA (cities with over 25,000 people as of the 2008 census) are, in order of size, Cedar Park, San Marcos, Georgetown, Pflugerville, Kyle and Leander."

If you (and others) cannot see that using the word "Austin" to refer to a team that plays in the Austin MSA--clearly serving the Austin market--when making a general statement that whichever franchise wins the Cup this season will be a first-time winner, then you're not seeing the forest for the trees.

I can't help if you have issues communicating and bringing up completely unrelated and irrelevant facts. 17th year in league is ridiculous in that they were two different teams with a huge number of years without a team.

Ever live in Austin? If not, quit talking about it like you know it. You wanted to talk cities, not teams. The Texas Stars play in Cedar Park, not Austin. The Ice Bats used to play in Austin. The team is not called the Austin Stars. If it was you wold be correct in saying Austin has not won.

San Marcos is over 30 miles from Austin, and home to where that movie with quaid and foster was filmed and the red football field. Cedar Park and Round Rock are 20 miles. If you had mentioned in your post that you were referring to the Austin Metro area it would be different but you did not. You mentioned Austin which is a city. If you mention Dallas, do you mean Dallas-Ft. Worth or just the immediate Dallas area such as Carrollton, Farmers Branch, Addison, Mesquite, etc.? People that are from Fort Worth don't go "I'm from Dallas" and people from Round Rock and Cedar Park don't go "I'm from Austin."

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4