AHL Outdoor Classic - Steeltown Showdown

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Heading out to tonight's alumni game between the Leafs and Habs at Ivor Wynne stadium in the Hammer. Great bunch of Leafs playing, and some good Habs too, should be fun. Then tomorrow's Marlies/Bulldogs game. Might be a little chilly...

On the bright side, if I freeze my nuts off, I know I can always adopt again! :P

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
What a blast! Weather was great - cold (-8C) for good ice, but not much wind, and just light flurries in the second half. Habs almost all in touques, very cool. Crowd was mixed with both Habs and Leafs fans, so lots of fun had by all.

Got to see Clark, Gilmour, Vaive, Leeman, Derlago, CuJo, Cournoyyer (never could spell that), Richer, Carbonneau, Laraque, Dandeault, Brisebois... Lafleur and Bower coaching. Great sight lines, ton of fun. Highly recommend seeing an alum game, especially outdoors.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Tomorrow, Marlies @ Bulldogs, same venue, 1pm. On Sportsnet for those interested (which, granted, is probably nobody!).

I'm looking forward to watching HFNHL Jackets Mueller for Toronto and Dumont for Hamilton.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Awesome... how was the chilly willy weather?

Gilmour and Leeman... if I was coach I would have played them on the same line. Stupid Flames...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Last night was cool - and yes, Gilmour and Leeman were on a line together for a stretch during the first. Very surreal!

This afternoon's Marlies/Bulldogs even better. Jacob's first ever live hockey game - and it was outside!!! A fight and a goal in the first 30 seconds. Big Marlies win. Good stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad