AHL Laval Team [upd: name will be Rocket de Laval]

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
The recent discussion has gone so far down the crapper it begs for a Mod Note to Cease and Desist. Either move it along in a cordial manner or I'll nuke it.

Carry on

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
The recent discussion has gone so far down the crapper it begs for a Mod Note to Cease and Desist. Either move it along in a cordial manner or I'll nuke it.

Carry on

Dang. I miss all the good stuff. :(

So, the Laval team, if it gets there, is going to be named Rocket for whatever reason they decided to use that name.

The reason i say if is because nothing is certain until it actually happens.

But Rocket it is. I wonder how many announcers and fans are going to cal it Rockets.

Cacciaguida

Jan 11, 2010
Ottawa
I was hoping for Voyageurs but Rockets is a fair pick. with Charlottetown changing their name, I can't think of another pro/junior team with that moniker.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Dang. I miss all the good stuff. :(

So, the Laval team, if it gets there, is going to be named Rocket for whatever reason they decided to use that name.

The reason i say if is because nothing is certain until it actually happens.

But Rocket it is. I wonder how many announcers and fans are going to cal it Rockets.

I was hoping for Voyageurs but Rockets is a fair pick. with Charlottetown changing their name, I can't think of another pro/junior team with that moniker.

The only other team named Rockets is in Kelowna in the WHL

So the answer is two so far are incorrectly calling the team Rockets instead of Rocket.

Canucks21

Feb 24, 2015
Canada
So the answer is two so far are incorrectly calling the team Rockets instead of Rocket.

Its the same name just spelled differently its no different than the name Comets or Komets.

For the answer how many teams use the name Rocket it depends how you ask the question. If you ask how many currently use the name the answer is one the Kelowna Rockets, two next year when Laval starts playing. If you ask all time the answer is, according to hockeydb, 33.

FYI the PEI/Montreal Q team name was Rocket so by your standarts the anwser is one team previously used the name Rocket.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Its the same name just spelled differently its no different than the name Comets or Komets.

For the answer how many teams use the name Rocket it depends how you ask the question. If you ask how many currently use the name the answer is one the Kelowna Rockets, two next year when Laval starts playing. If you ask all time the answer is, according to hockeydb, 33.

FYI the PEI/Montreal Q team name was Rocket so by your standarts the anwser is one team previously used the name Rocket.

Comet and Komet are not the same as Comets or Komets.

Laval is going to be ROCKET (singular tense) not rockets as you put in your post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad