Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval @ Cleveland: Another Big Win! The Pocket Rocket Wins it 5-1!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
FlickeringMeaslyArcticseal-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: dralaf and Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Loving the contrast from Lefebvre to Bouchard.

This is why I say a lot of fans here don't know what they are talking about. For years I was told how wrong I was about Lefebvre, how I was a "hater" and worse. I had fans give me all the excuses, he didn't have anyone to work with, etc.. (despite having the best player in the league, the former defensemen of the year, good goalies outside one year, etc...

You want to see having nothing to work with, look at the roster he had in the 2nd half last year, what he has had to work with in the 2nd half this year. If Kotka didn't get sent down these threads wouldn't be anywhere near as popular as it's been me, Adam and a few other posters that have been posting in these gdt's night in and night out. I'm not trying to say there's anything wrong with that but it was always funny to me when I would have posters tell me how wrong I am about the games I am watching and they clearly aren't. Not that I couldn't have been wrong but their excuses just didn't make sense.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With this win, coupled with the soon-to-be regulation loss by Syracuse to Toronto, Laval moves ahead of the Crunch. But Binhamton won their game tonight. So Laval and Binghamton are tied in points, but the Devils have 2 games in hand, so they hold the 4th spot in the division.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Sound game from a depleted team that played a 60 minute game

AHL games are much more entertaining than the big club's
They hustle hard and play a full 60 indeed, even when they lose
Im starting to think that maybe Claude is not the coach we need
Its rare that I feel any urgency in the Habs style of play ever, most glaringly on the PK

@cphabs you may be right

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
This is why I say a lot of fans here don't know what they are talking about. For years I was told how wrong I was about Lefebvre, how I was a "hater" and worse. I had fans give me all the excuses, he didn't have anyone to work with, etc.. (despite having the best player in the league, the former defensemen of the year, good goalies outside one year, etc...

You want to see having nothing to work with, look at the roster he had in the 2nd half last year, what he has had to work with in the 2nd half this year. If Kotka didn't get sent down these threads wouldn't be anywhere near as popular as it's been me, Adam and a few other posters that have been posting in these gdt's night in and night out. I'm not trying to say there's anything wrong with that but it was always funny to me when I would have posters tell me how wrong I am about the games I am watching and they clearly aren't. Not that I couldn't have been wrong but their excuses just didn't make sense.

It's interesting how the team has gotten better after getting rid of some of the "better" players also... I really hope they get in it will be a real positive for the organization.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dauphin with 10 pts in the last 7 games! he's been huge for us after losing all these players

Alain with a 6-game point streak.
Veilleux with 8 pts in his last 8 games.
Lynch with 8 pts in his last 7 games.

Olofsson with a 3-game point streak (4 pts)
Lucchini with 4 pts in his last 4 games.
Jevpalovs with 7 pts in his last 5 games.

Primeau with 4 wins in his last 5 games. Only one game was he below .900 SV%. He was a .935 one game and then .960 and over in the other three.

McNiven with 3 wins in his 3 starts. He was a .886 SV% in his first game (still a win). He was .933 in his second game and was a .952 tonight.

When we ask for guys to step up and answer the bell when key players aren't in the line-up, this is exactly what we mean.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad