AHL head coach openings - 2013 off-season

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Looked around and didn't see a consolidated list of AHL head coach openings - 2013 off-season (and yes, I know two teams are still playing):

Hershey Bears
Toronto Marlies

Any other teams? I thought there was another, but not coming to mind right now.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
What about the Wolves?
Are the Blues taking Dave Allison with them?

No reason for me to think they weren't, as it relates to the move. While some team staff may be Peoria locals not interested in relocating, my understanding is that the hockey ops/coaches work for the organization and move with the organization as far as the move is concerned, unless there were other reasons for a change.

Rochester's coach hasn't been officially named yet.

Thanks for the info. So no official replacement for Rolston as team still lists Cassidy as an interim head coach on the website.

CHADD CASSIDY
Interim Head Coach

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Also, as one would expect consistent with comments above, Arniel headed to Utica as head coach with the Vancouver affiliate moving to Utica. Article includes that he's under contract for 2 more seasons.

link

randyc

Apr 2, 2007
Suffolk, Virginia
Haviland

Very good choice by the Bears. He has been successful everywhere he's been. Plays a great style of hockey. I truly wish him well except when he plays Norfolk.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Very nice to see Haviland get the gig. Hope he has success down there and finds himself getting recognition as a prospective head coach on the NHL level sooner rather than later.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
As an assistant. Word is John Anderson is returning to Chicago as head coach.

He is still alive? I figured that he would be dead of a heart attack by now. I loved to watch him turn red as a fire hydrant in Milwaukee. He is a very good coach.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Steve Spott from Kitchener Rangers to the Toronto Marlies head coaching position based on today's reports.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Chicago Wolves:

John Anderson, head coach

Jason Shaver ‏@theshaves
"Dave Allison & Scott Allen will join the Anderson's staff... "

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
The Ottawa Senators announced today that the club has signed Binghamton Senators head coach Luke Richardson to a one-year contract extension. Also receiving one-year extensions are assistant coaches Steve Stirling and Matt Meacham. Meacham had previously served as the team’s video coach and hockey administrator. All three will be under contract with the organization until the completion of the 2014-15 season.

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=678343

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Iowa Wild, Kurt Kleinendorst head coach

so in summary, AHL head coaching changes... any others?

Binghamton Senators, Luke Richardson (contract now through 2014-15)

Chicago Wolves, John Anderson

Hershey Bears, Mike Haviland

Iowa Wild, Kurt Kleinendorst

Rochester Amerks, Chadd Cassidy (no longer interim)

Syracuse Crunch, Rob Zettler (staying)

Toronto Marlies, Steve Spott

Utica Comets, Travis Green

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that Milwaukee Admirals Head Coach Dean Evason and Assistant Coach Stan Drulia have each signed contract extensions that will keep them in Milwaukee through the 2014-15 season.

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/home/news/2013/7/0725contracts.html

The Manchester Monarchs, the primary affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, have extended the contract of Head Coach Mark Morris, Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced today.

http://www.manchestermonarchs.com/news.php?nid=4783

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad