Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Hartford Wolf Pack @ Laval Rocket - Laval Wins 2-1 in SO

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
EISbvSKWoAE-oxH.jpg

News & Notes

- Cayden Primeau gets the start.

- Phil Varone is out long term with an injury.

- Antoine Waked will play his first game of the season after being called up from ECHL.

EIUfs1_W4AAwGXe.jpg

Reactions: cphabs

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't get Waked on the 3rd line as he is a 4th liner, also don't like how Pezzetta keeps sitting, why not just put him in and keep Waked in the ECHL.

Not having Varone and Barber sucks, going to need someone to step up with the offense as it's going to be a tough one.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why is Brook on third pairing? How much has he been struggling? Juulsen who just came back and who doesn’t have his ceiling, is playing over him?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't get Waked on the 3rd line as he is a 4th liner, also don't like how Pezzetta keeps sitting, why not just put him in and keep Waked in the ECHL.

Not having Varone and Barber sucks, going to need someone to step up with the offense as it's going to be a tough one.

I agree with you 100%. How has Pezzetta been up this whole time, and the guy who gets called up plays instead of him? As for Varone and Barber being out, it most definitely sucks. But this is where Laval is supposed to be different this year. Their depth should be able to handle injuries and call ups. I emphasize SHOULD.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Why is Brook on third pairing? How much has he been struggling? Juulsen who just came back and who doesn’t have his ceiling, is playing over him?

I don't think they want to put 2 rookies together and for some reason he keeps putting Ouellet on the right side.

I agree with you 100%. How has Pezzetta been up this whole time, and the guy who gets called up plays instead of him? As for Varone and Barber being out, it most definitely sucks. But this is where Laval is supposed to be different this year. Their depth should be able to handle injuries and call ups. I emphasize SHOULD.

Verbeek is at least leading his team in scoring so I'm surprised they didn't call him up first although maybe it's because he's a center and they wanted a winger but still seems odd.

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Great attempt by Ouellet and Olofsson. Ouellet fakes a shot from the blue line, but passes it to Olofsson, who sneaked off to the side of the net. A great deflection, but the goalie made a great diving save.

Reactions: cphabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We were second guessing Waked being put in the line-up. But he has been a buzzsaw out there. He's hitting everything that moves. And he helped keep a sustained and prolonged presence in the zone. That goal was inevitable because Laval were absolutely all over Hartford.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was going to say that they might get burned by not converting on all the chances they had as it's been a strong period for Laval but then Waked gets the goal on a nice setup from Peca. Waked has been good although he's lucky one big hit he had wasn't a penalty.

I really liked the rush by Brook where he took it behind the net. Peca's playing well, so is Hudon.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Someone will have to deal with that guy who challenged McCarron and checked Waked

This is where having someone like Pezzetta in the line-up becomes crucial. He would not hesitate one second to pay that guy a visit right about now.

And we were talking about McCarron not dropping the gloves. Maybe he will answer the bell.

But if Laval scores on the PP, I wouldn't go chasing him for vengeance yet.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Belzile putting up his dukes in anticipation of a face punching session only to have the bout snuffed by a ref before it even began.

Belzile getting an extra 2 mins. for crosschecking.

Since the players didn't fight, the first penalty to both players is only 2 minutes.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This is where having someone like Pezzetta in the line-up becomes crucial. He would not hesitate one second to pay that guy a visit right about now.

And we were talking about McCarron not dropping the gloves. Maybe he will answer the bell.

But if Laval scores on the PP, I wouldn't go chasing him for vengeance yet.
Not sure why Pezzetta is not playing

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Belzile putting up his dukes in anticipation of a face punching session only to have the bout snuffed by a ref before it even began.

Belzile getting an extra 2 mins. I imagine it's for instigating.
Looks like Alex got speared

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's getting pretty rough out there. Belzile dropping the gloves after the Wolf Pack player speared him. Refs got in just before the guys were about to start swinging.

Reactions: jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3