AHL fans' favourite NHL team

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Jul 3, 2013
I'm a Blackhawks/Wolves fan because the AHL Rockford Icehogs didn't exist when I was growing up. A lot of us Blackhawk fans were already grown men before the Icehogs came to the AHL including myself. Maybe the little kids growing up now will be Hawks/Icehog fans, but me being born in the 80's made me a Hawks/Wolves fan.

I hear that a lot from my friends from Chicago. If you think about it, there was a time when the Wolves were greater than the Hawks in Chicago. Would be cool if the Hawks & Wolves became affiliate, would make a lot of sense as well.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
St. John's IceCaps fan and employee from just outside of St. John's but im a Colorado Avalanche fan.

Sobotkafan

Sep 9, 2011
Growing up I liked the Lowell Lock Monsters because they were the closest team and I could go to the games. I would always root for the Providence Bruins as well though. So I guess I would say both in a way. But, since the Lowell Lock Monsters no longer exist, I'm a big Providence Bruins fan since they are the Boston Bruins AHL team.

Cutielemon07

Chara is Stuck!
May 28, 2013
In my own world
Where I am, we have to pay extra for NHL games, so I settled on the next best thing, the AHL. I listen to all my NHL games, but watch all my AHL games.
I'm a HUGE fan of the Providence Bruins, leading my to be a fan of their NHL team the Boston Bruins-which I am now an equally huge fan of.

So yeah, affiliate.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Tampa bay Lightning fan, but also Binghamton Senators fan living in Binghamton most my life. Also a fan of tampa bays affiliate but not as much as bingo (dread that they are in syracuse now).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad