Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Cleveland Monsters (5 - 4 (OT)) Laval Rocket: Inching Closer to the Playoffs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
cle16_200-150x150.png
lav17_200-150x150.png

DxSkJA9X0AEYZWw.png

Some bad news from earlier, McCarron may end up having to miss the rest of the season due to his upper body injury. He's waiting on a second opinion to see if he may require surgery.

Still no update on Juulsen, who is also out with an upper body injury. And finally, we'll see if Evans will play today as he took a hit from behind last night and and played a few shifts afterwards, but didn't return after the 1st intermission. Marcotte said that Evans was seen with a swollen eye. Bouchard had said that he will be evaluated before the game today and they'll decide if he'll play.

If Laval wins tonight and Toronto loses in regulation against Charlotte, Laval will move to 4th place and into a playoff spot. However, Toronto will have 2 games in hand.

Wouldn't it be great if both Montreal and Laval win and move ahead of Toronto in both the NHL and AHL standings?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Cleveland starts Berube for a second game in a row. He had a good game last night.

One of Cleveland's best players, Clendening, will be out for today's game as he has been suspended for hitting a ref with his stick. He was hit from behind in the end of the game when Cleveland was making a push to tie the game with the extra attacker. There was no call on the play. There should have. Clendening didn't exactly express his frustration the right way. He's out for today.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
cle16_200-150x150.png
lav17_200-150x150.png

DxSkJA9X0AEYZWw.png

Some bad news from earlier, McCarron may end up having to miss the rest of the season due to his upper body injury. He's waiting on a second opinion to see if he may require surgery.

Still no update on Juulsen, who is also out with an upper body injury. And finally, we'll see if Evans will play today as he took a hit from behind last night and and played a few shifts afterwards, but didn't return after the 1st intermission. Marcotte said that Evans was seen with a swollen eye. Bouchard had said that he will be evaluated before the game today and they'll decide if he'll play.

If Laval wins tonight and Toronto loses in regulation against Charlotte, Laval will move to 4th place and into a playoff spot. However, Toronto will have 2 games in hand.

Wouldn't it be great if both Montreal and Laval win and move ahead of Toronto in both the NHL and AHL standings?

McCarron was playing the best hockey of his professional career...that sux

I doubt we see Juulsen back in Montreal this year but he is very young. Future top 4.

I wonder if young Fleury gets a game or two this year...same with Evans

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Looks like Laval's official Twitter account made a mistake. Verbeek will be 4C and Alex Kile (PTO) goes in on the 4th line.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How are the boys looking Adam?

Any update on Evans?

No update on Evans other than he isn't playing today.

I missed a chunk of the first (including Laval's goal) as my daughter is feeling under the weather and had to do some dad duties. But the bit I've seen, Laval is looking better so far than they did last night.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Cleveland makes it 2-1 on the PP. I don't know if it will be challenged or count as there were a whole lot of bodies all around LaCouvee and his crease. The ref did signal a goal.

Edit: Goal counted. 2-1 Cleveland.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And Froese heads to the box and it will be a 5-on-3 for Cleveland for 1:46. Things are getting heated out there.

And that was a weak call on Froese. Nothing dirty about his hit.

And now Belzile gets a double minor, probably for unsportsmanlike conduct as he went to the Monsters player for his terrible way to protect himself.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Great kill by the Laval trio on the 5-on-3. Cleveland hit the post on one shot, but other than that, they kept them to the outside and closed off any lanes.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nice report there by Friolet, who chronicled their trip to Charlotte earlier in the season, when Laval traveled by plane. Most guys were watching movies/TV shows on their laptops, tablets, or phones. Others were sleeping. Evans was the only one reading a book. And I laughed because he's the University graduate.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Belzile got a 2 minutes for roughing and a 10 minute misconduct. So he won't be back before midway through the second period. So until then, Laval will have to play without their top offensive threats with McCarron injured, Evans out today, and Belzile out for half the period.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval's been giving Cleveland a harder time the last little while. They have more of a jump in their game today than they did last night and they're losing now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad