AHL All Star game ... Hoffman ...

jaygodard

Dec 3, 2013
Score is 6 - 2, buts looks like they feel bad and don't wanna crush them, Hoffman is dominant on the ice, what a great player, can't believe they haven't given him a solid chance, he is so much better than Stone, Stone is slow, and just not nearly as skilled! I hope he comes to Ottawa after break!

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I agree that Hoffman wasn't given much of a chance here, but Stone looked like a legit NHL player his last few games before injury, same as Da Costa.

jaygodard

Dec 3, 2013
I know Stone is alright, not a top 6 at this point,he just looks clumbsy, just how I see it, I can see Hoffman playing well with Spezza and MM9,

John Holmes*

Stone is also ALWAYS injured.

I would like to see Hoffman get a decent shot as well, but you know...

i.1000.mLfddLzFjATnWbPPjyddQmJC7Fb0HRZmDZMEEdUDVos..jpg

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
stone showed more when he came up and therefore got to stay.

it isnt that hard to understand really. Hoffman will get another chance

jaygodard

Dec 3, 2013
I didn't really think Stone played that great, I can't see him ever as a top 6 player, and also he's like glass!

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I didn't really think Stone played that great, I can't see him ever as a top 6 player, and also he's like glass!

he scored and made some nifty passes more than hoffman did atleast

jaygodard

Dec 3, 2013
The goal he scored was ugly, he fumbled and luckily beat the goalie on a backhand! Still a goal though, he is good, don't get me wrong but as a 3rd liner...for the buffalo sabres!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hoffman has done nothing with the opportunities given to him to stick in the NHL

Da Costa was more impressive in his debut than he ever was

I don't think he'll be a regular NHL player which is unfortunate. That being said, nothing wrong with being an awesome AHL player

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Hoffman has done nothing with the opportunities given to him to stick in the NHL

Da Costa was more impressive in his debut than he ever was

I don't think he'll be a regular NHL player which is unfortunate. That being said, nothing wrong with being an awesome AHL player

I thought he played great last year and would have stuck but then he re-injured his collarbone. Was disappointing in camp this year though.

Dont really see what has everyone so high on Stone, but for the sake of the team I hope he turns out too.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I feel that Hoffman is one of those guys who will be a dominant AHLer and eventually head over to Europe. He may get a shot playing a scoring role on a rebuilding team (Buffalo, perhaps, considering the Murray connection), but I'm not sure he has the talent or consistency to be an NHL regular.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Just like DaCosta, many of you are judging his play from 2-3 games in the NHL.

Hoffman isn't the same player we seen before. He has evolved his game big-time in all 3 zones. Before, I used to question his IQ every play. Now he's been matching DaCosta's vision and ability to see the play unfold.

I believe Hoffman can be a stand-out top 6 forward. Hoffman has taken his time before being a threat in every league he has played in.

Last year, Hoffman looked great in his 6 game stint or w.e before he got injured.

I want to see Hoffman called up, asap.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I like to keep an eye on him when he's in Ottawa (love that last name)

He's never struck me in any way, shape or form

Da Costa impressed with solid vision and great hands, more than what I can say for Hoffman

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
I still don't understand the love for Stone. He still needs to work a lot more on his skating to become an NHL top 6 player.

Hoffman is in a similar position as DaCosta and needs to be an impact player when he is called up next.

Stone reminds me of Heatley when he was here except hes slower and more injury prone.

Heatley's weapon was his shot and his ability to get it off in close coverage. Stone hasn't shown that ability.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
I feel that Hoffman is one of those guys who will be a dominant AHLer and eventually head over to Europe. He may get a shot playing a scoring role on a rebuilding team (Buffalo, perhaps, considering the Murray connection), but I'm not sure he has the talent or consistency to be an NHL regular.

The main problem those sort of guys have is they can't skate at an NHL level (e.g. Denis Hamel and Corey Locke). Hoffman's got the wheels and the skills, but no, he hasn't been impressive in the NHL so far.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Regardless of wether he gets a fair shake or not, there's literally nothing more this guy could do to deserve a shot so id say its out of his hands.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
Regardless of wether he gets a fair shake or not, there's literally nothing more this guy could do to deserve a shot so id say its out of his hands.

You would have to think that Hoffman would be picked up off waivers if we had to send him back down. I feel management will wait until the end of the year to call him up.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
You would have to think that Hoffman would be picked up off waivers if we had to send him back down. I feel management will wait until the end of the year to call him up.

I thought waiver rules changed an he can play a certain amount of games since he cleared to start the year?

Isn't that why Da Costa was sent down before the Boston game because he'd reached the limit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad