TV: Agents of SHIELD season 6

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It can be argued that when they did their time stuff last season it took them to an alternate dimension that never saw a snap, but they were in line with the MCU before that.

Yeah, there's been speculation that there's going to be some wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff to get in line with MCU continuity. Apparently it's been confirmed this takes place before Infinity War.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Yeah, there's been speculation that there's going to be some wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff to get in line with MCU continuity. Apparently it's been confirmed this takes place before Infinity War.

It does not take place before Infinity War. The last episode of season 5 specifically references Thanos' army arriving on earth and the first episode of season 6 mentions that this is a year later. So it is before Endgame.

For ease of not following the events of the two big Avengers movies, Jed Whedon did mention that it should be considered "pre-snap" but that makes no sense when you reference Thanos and his army etc.

The most popular theory is now that this is a year after the snap but in another timeline that was created by their time travel in season 5 and this new timeline didn't have snap.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It does not take place before Infinity War. The last episode of season 5 specifically references Thanos' army arriving on earth and the first episode of season 6 mentions that this is a year later. So it is before Endgame.

For ease of not following the events of the two big Avengers movies, Jed Whedon did mention that it should be considered "pre-snap" but that makes no sense when you reference Thanos and his army etc.

The most popular theory is now that this is a year after the snap but in another timeline that was created by their time travel in season 5 and this new timeline didn't have snap.

A year later from the season 5 finale. And Jed Whedon confirmed it's pre-snap:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 6 Won't Follow MCU Timeline

“Part of it had to do with the question of when we’d air, truthfully,” explained executive producer Jed Whedon. “We had talked about summer, but there was always a chance that we’d get moved up to the beginning of the year. With the amount of characters and money and machine in place with [Avengers Endgame], we had to dodge it completely.”

“So, imagine if we had incorporated it, and then, at the last minute, the network was like, ‘You know what? We’d love to have this on in January,’” continued Whedon. “And then, all of a sudden, we’d spoil something. So, we made the decision to just be pre-snap, tell our story, and carry it forward. Hopefully, it will be satisfying and, in no way, a thing that bothers you about the show. We have our logic, but we don’t spend any time explaining it because we just wanted people to enjoy our story.”

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
A year later from the season 5 finale. And Jed Whedon confirmed it's pre-snap:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 6 Won't Follow MCU Timeline

But again that is a cop out and makes no sense since they mention Thanos specifically in the season 5 finally and we all know the snap took place what a few hours after his army arrived and minutes after he arrived on Earth? It didn't happen over a year later so it really does not make sense. They would have been better off saying this is a new timeline based on the time travel mechanics the Russo brothers have been talking about since Endgame was released or by simply acknowledging the snap and saying how lucky the team was that they didn't lose anyone of great importance. Heck they could have mentioned the loss of a guy like Deathlok or something who has not been on the show in years....damn I want more Deathlok.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
But again that is a cop out and makes no sense since they mention Thanos specifically in the season 5 finally and we all know the snap took place what a few hours after his army arrived and minutes after he arrived on Earth? It didn't happen over a year later so it really does not make sense. They would have been better off saying this is a new timeline based on the time travel mechanics the Russo brothers have been talking about since Endgame was released or by simply acknowledging the snap and saying how lucky the team was that they didn't lose anyone of great importance. Heck they could have mentioned the loss of a guy like Deathlok or something who has not been on the show in years....damn I want more Deathlok.

Man get over it and enjoy the show.

Reactions: Jussi

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I really like tonights episode, the back and forth between Fitz and Simmons is so natural now. Clark Gregg seems to really enjoy being a scene stealing jerk and Sarge is a great planner just like Coulson.

Reactions: Jussi

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks like it is official next season will be the shows last. Ended up airing a lot longer than many thought it would.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
:cry: :yo::cry: :confused: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :yo::yo::yo:

Those sum up the last two episodes of the season. May dying twice and then resurrected, fake Coulson getting killed, then wibbly wobbly timey wimey and he's back as an LMD/Chronicom mix AND they're in the prohibition era!!!!!! Craziest season ending ever! There was somethings to nitpick about though, like Daisy's power with frequencies suddenly being forgotten and turned into force blasts again.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I read somewhere Ghost Rider is now on the list of characters they can not use and Marvel has plans for either a movie or his own tv series
Ya that's what I heard. To this day I am pissed they never had Dethlok as a regular though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad