nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
CBAFB5F8-BA83-4A81-B282-EBD39F4A04C5.jpeg

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I love having the new goalie come in and casually stonewall a team. That wasn't dominance. That was Smith playing well. Any of our last starters would have had to have played great to put up that performance.

Casual confidence. Like Talbot's best year.

Archibald... I loved this signing. I don't love you tonight. You made McDavid need to show off.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Benning, goaltending and PK

The three evils from last year were the difference tonight

Kassian, Draisaitl ,Smithm 3 stars

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Smith was pretty great, kept us in this one big time.

Koskinen is a few more blown high glove saves away from being #2.

Reactions: KYams17

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
I think we need to take out some guys in the bottom six, they made some ugly plays tonight.

Juju and Archibald were god awful, with the latter being directly responsible for the second goal. And it’s not like Granlund did much either. Get P.Russell and Jurco in there ASAP

Reactions: gordonhught

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Not the prettiest win, but I'll take it. Bottom 6 looked brutal. I disagree that the defence was pretty good - I did not like Nurse or especially Larsson today. Nurse was okay, but still fumbled the puck too much for our 'top pairing'.

I liked Neal and Nygard, Haas was up and down. Satisfied with RNH - he had some sick plays and some unexceptionable fumbles.

Draisaitl was godly, I hope he can keep this up and finally shut up all the 'product of McDavid' nonsense.

McDavid wasn't nearly as bad as the meltdown in the GDT would make you believe, but that GWG was vintage him. He can definitely be better though. Hope to see it soon.

I like Smith more than I thought I would. Hated that signing but honestly he was pretty damn good today. Really liked the puckhandling. Didn't even whine much.

edit: Kassian was good too.

Reactions: dssource

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
There’s going to be some gnashing of teeth on CP this year about Smith and Talbot.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Yeah I'm not sure the reasoning for that. He didn't do any worse than the rest of the bottom 6 in his few shifts I saw.

Yeah I agree, only reason I can think of is Sheahan should be coming back soon and Tippet sees Haas as an extra forward and not Cave.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Plus side: We had goaltending steal a game.

Minus side: We have a backup making 4.5 mil

Plus side: We’re in first place!

Minus side: We took two penalties for too many men on the ice because our coach turned on the line blender after 1 period! Like, WTF Tippet. Do you think the pre-season might serve a purpose? Or do you think a guy might need more than a 4 shift opportunity to prove himself/develop chemistry?

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
End of the day McDavid and Drai and whatever line those 2 were on..won us the game. The rest of the lineup was AHL level. Let's how long this lasts. The Canucks were the better team.

I hope this lasts all season... but we need to get better depth.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Benning with your all time largely undeserved multi point game :laugh:

Bear was really good tonight, klefbom looked great. Want to see more Haas, liked what I saw. Neal was a great pick up
Benning doing exactly what Benning has done his entire career.

Sheltered bottom pairing minutes. Chips in a couple points and ends up a plus player at the end of the night.

Literally can't ask for more out of a guy who puts in 11 minutes.

Unsung hero of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad