Age of Empires 4 Announced (Relic Entertainment)

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I played in Beta and the testing weekends and I'll probably give it a go since it's free on Game Pass Ultimate but I think they added even more complexity with unit moves and stuff and it was a bit of a turnoff for me.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Have been playing on a computer that I have to use lower settings and lets just say you want a computer that is able to handle higher setting than the lower ones.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
They've been promoting pvp heavily, but what I will want to know is how is the campaign?

I haven't played the campaign yet because I have been playing against the comp to get used to the different civs and maps but I have seen videos of someone playing the campaign

Those 2 campaign missions are the only ones I have watched so far.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I've played a few skirmishes and a couple campaign missions so far. Really enjoying a new AoE game in 2021.

The way they are doing the Norman campaign is really freaking cool. It's like a game inside a documentary.

I knew I would be rusty at RTS but YIKES.... :laugh:

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
The campaign is really well done.
How long is the campaign? Like Age of Mythology had 32 parts to the campaign which was pretty repayable with probably an average time of little over 30 minutes for each. How would this one compare?

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
How long is the campaign? Like Age of Mythology had 32 parts to the campaign which was pretty repayable with probably an average time of little over 30 minutes for each. How would this one compare?
I think there are 35 missions, 30+ minutes each.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Genesis Tournament Spoiler
I have seen multiple games during the Genesis tournament where a player won water on Boulder Bay but lost the match because they didn't take full advantage of winning the water with trade ships which are huge eco boost (brings back a lot of wood and gold per trip for trade ship) and taking a sacred site on the small island which also generates 100 gold per min for as long as you control it.

Last edited:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
For AoE III Fans new content coming December 1st

For AoE IV
I have completed some of the campaigns and they are good. No water battle ones so far.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I have completed all campaigns. I like them they are good. None of them are water battle ones so for people who don't like naval warfare you wont have to deal with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad