Pre-Game Talk: AG vs TDA - Round 2 incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Start Igor tonight against the better team and if you win, start Georgiev tomorrow against the worse team.

I don't understand this move.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Start Igor tonight against the better team and if you win, start Georgiev tomorrow against the worse team.

Canes with their potent offense will cause a lot of side-to-side movement stress on the goalie and we know Gallant ain't interested in Shesty being out long term with his groin.

Reactions: leetch99 and Cmox

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019

I think it could go either way. It depends on philosophy and/or preferred strategy with respect to accruing points in the regular season. Shesterkin against the Coyotes sort of removes the possibility of a clunker from your goalie losing a game that should be an easy two points. We know Georgiev can have clunkers, so set yourself up for what should be as close as you can get to a guaranteed two points with a full lineup.

Whatever happens in Carolina happens. It’s a tough one to win regardless.

Reactions: JCProdigy

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Such an odd choice to make Geo the starter.

is Georgiev really starting against the best team in the league when we play friggin Arizona tomorrow?

Wait, why not play Shesty tonight against the Canes and start Georgiev tomorrow against Arizona? Dumb move.

Why the f*** is Georgie starting? He should get Arizona tomorrow.

when fans demand the coaching staff think like fans....

this is just 1 game of 82
NYR are in a stretch of 6 games in ~9 days
truly good teams carry 2 goalies they use,

if they can't win this game in front of Georgie, maybe they're not as good as their record

one thing to love about Turk is he has no time for second guessers in the press room, the stands or the metaverse

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

if they can't win this game in front of Georgie, maybe they're not as good as their record

one thing to love about Turk is he has no time for second guessers in the press room, the stands or the metaverse
I think everyone agrees that Igor and Xandar should split the two games today and tomorrow. Just some questions about which one where.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
ITT everyone acting like we’re starting October Georgiev tonight when in reality he’s been lights out for 2 months now and probably wouldn’t be the reason we’d lose this game.
I'm don't dislike the move because Georgie has been bad recently, he has been great. I dislike playing the backup in a measuring stick game against a likely playoff matchup. We should go guns blazing all in tonight. Arizona should be dealt with routine and the backup.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
I'm don't dislike the move because Georgie has been bad recently, he has been great. I dislike playing the backup in a measuring stick game against a likely playoff matchup. We should go guns blazing all in tonight. Arizona should be dealt with routine and the backup.
We already going to come out Gunz out! The boys are sick of the talk of them not being a contender. Statement night for NYR. Weeee readdyyyyyy :popcorn:

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I guess? It’s January, the only thing that’d be measured tonight by dressing the absolute best lineup is dicks.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Poolparty for Georgie girl??? is that fair value? They are desperate..do we add? Pool is basically what we need ..a Finish Buch.
PoolParty has what 10 goals playing with McD? He would pick up three more playing with us; no thanks.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Over the past couple of years I've always felt that as the Rangers rebuild grew stronger and stronger, the Canes would always be the team to knock them out.

Then we saw them get bitch slapped by them in the play in tourney. Here they are again, first matchup of the season. Everyone is looking to knock down the Rangers. Paper tiger they say.

However, the Rangers have great numbers against them historically and I think there is a different type of makeup to the Rangers right now.

Eager to see how this one will play out, but it's a little odd that it's not Igor tonight. The two top defenses in the game go against one another and you dont ride your best G? Curious decision, as well as taking Chytil off of Breads line. Maybe GG is trying to challenge Georgie

Either way LGR

Reactions: Baby Duck Homme

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

Maybe give Igor the rest tomorrow? Did you think about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad