After the break

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
After watching the fiasco in Manitoba I think that we need to trade for an enforcer. We got our arses kicked left and right.

Or, we could bring up Downie :laugh: (although he's not technically an enforcer).

Personally, I think we have more important needs at the moment (for this season and the future), but if someone can throw in an enforcer as a part of a bigger deal, I would probably be okay with it as long as the player could potentially do other things than enforce.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
After watching the fiasco in Manitoba I think that we need to trade for an enforcer. We got our arses kicked left and right.

Well, here are a few that might be available:
Boll from Columbus (29 years old, 1.7 million per season through 2016-17) - We might be able to trade Chip (and something else) for him
Gazdic from Edmonton (26 years old, 800k RFA after this season) - Chip again or a struggling prospect
McLeod from Colorado (31 years old, 1.3 per season through 2017-2018) - I doubt they'd trade him since he's an alternate captain and am not sure what we'd be willing to give for him
Peluso from Winnipeg (26 years old, 675k per season through 2016-2017) - I'd be okay with him
Reaves from St. Louis (29, 1.1 mill per season through 2017-2018) - I'd pass on him.​

Of the 5, I'd only be possibly interested in Gazdic, McLeod, or Peluso

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
That's only for retained players. May as well keep the hope alive :P

Truthfully, I hope we're done with the days of enforcers. They just can't be trusted with legitimate ice-time, and as a result, it's a waste of a roster spot (and budget dollars for a team like us).

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
That's only for retained players. May as well keep the hope alive :P

I figured that might be for other situations. Oh well, I'm just a hockey fan; all of that contract talk gives me a headache

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad