After Ovechkin, who deserves their 1st cup the most

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Or who do you want to see get the cup? Preferably not a player on your favorite team.

You know who I think deserves a cup? Claude Giroux. I feel like he's a very underappreciated star player who has dealt with a poorly run franchise.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Or who do you want to see get the cup? Preferably not a player on your favorite team.

You know who I think deserves a cup? Claude Giroux
. I feel like he's a very underappreciated star player who has dealt with a poorly run franchise.

Yea...not really.

Probably 50 players before him I would pick.

John Belushi

Registered Boozer
Feb 5, 2006
North Vancouver
There are at least a half dozen players more deserving then Alexander Ovechkin.

Joe Thornton
Jarome Iginla
Sedin twins
Henrik Lundqvist
Roberto Luongo
Dan Hamhuis (homer pick)
Carey Price
Zach Parise

and last, but certainly not least

Shane Doan.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
There are at least a half dozen players more deserving then Alexander Ovechkin.

Joe Thornton
Jarome Iginla
Sedin twins
Henrik Lundqvist
Roberto Luongo
Dan Hamhuis (homer pick)
Carey Price
Zach Parise

and last, but certainly not least

Shane Doan.

+1 for most of this list. Ovechkin doesn't make my top 5 most deserving

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Why does Ovechkin deserve a cup more than anyone else? Why is anyone more deserving than anyone else?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Why does Ovechkin deserve a cup more than anyone else? Why is anyone more deserving than anyone else?

I think the question mostly wants you to list the players you'd like to see win the Cup. For instance, I'd like to see a guy like Joe Thornton who's had a brilliant career and received an unfair treatment from the media win the Cup to quiet his critics.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Why does it have to be a star player? They have it easy. I'd say it's probably some career 3rd-4th liner who plays his butt off and works harder than the next guy to stay in the NHL and make the vet minimum.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
You don't deserve it until you earn it so nobody. There are all kinds of players in the league who could make a positive impact on a cup team.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
No one deserves a Cup. If you do not win one during your career, it is too bad. However, it will not stop people from remembering Cup-less star players. Ovechkin will still be one of the most memorable players to have played in the NHL.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Iginla should be the first on any list, with Jumbo Joe being second.

I want Ovy to get a cup as well, but there are lots of players that deserve one before him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad