Pre-Game Talk: After 641 days the best rivalry in the NHL resumes - 7:08 PM TSN2, RDS, NESN, ESPN+, CKGM TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
My level of not giving a f is at its peak. Didn't even know Habs were playing today. W00t! No NHL goalies, only 2 1/2 NHL ready D, offense non-existent... Yeah, that's gonna go well tonight. If there are any fireworks (though I don't see it) it least that might be the only entertainment we'll get.

i've thrown the towel after last night.
Its ok though. As long as the sheep keep filling the bell center and the coach speaks french Molson is happy. f*** tradition and honor. What matters is the bottom line and optics. /s

Reactions: iamtalbot

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
50 years ago Montreal won a series and ultimately the Cup that nobody saw coming,

We make fun of it but Montreal is our most cherished rival :)

Wow....Thanks for these vids @Fenway, just the names from that Mtl.- Boston series brings back some of my most cherished hockey memories from my childhood! Orr, Espo, Hodge, Sanderson, Cashman, Johnny Mac. and the rest. From the Habs, other than the obvious, the 2 that really got me were Bobby Sheehan and Phil Roberto, great memories!! Thank you :clap:

Last edited:

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
It is a deep rivalry that spans generations.

The Bruins never allowed anthem singer Rene Rancourt to sing O Canada partially in French. The NHL allowed him to do that in 2016.

I am told Rene's French was very good.

oh I didn’t remember that.
I confirm, his French was excellent!

Reactions: Fenway

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Its ok though. As long as the sheep keep filling the bell center and the coach speaks french Molson is happy. f*** tradition and honor. What matters is the bottom line and optics. /s

why you don’t tell us how you really feel?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs will be better with Primeau in net.
Habs win tonight

I wasn't sold on him until this year. His lateral movement, rebound control have really improved. Until Price is ready Primeau needs to be the guy

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Hmmmm, let's see, we have crap D, no goalies, our pk sucks, our offense is Suzuki, and we're on a back-to-back, this should go swimmingly.

8-1 Montreal. :sarcasm:
I think that is the magic of this rivalry. I truly hate the bruins, and it is most assuredly mutual, but no matter where the other team is in the standings it is usually(with only a few exceptions) still a great game to watch where anything can happen. Its a lot closer to "any given sunday" than anything in hockey. Bruins fans from work have fits seeing us in the playoffs because you just never know. Bruins leading the league all season? habs squeak into the playoffs? They face each other round 1... Ruh row raggy.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
f*** the Bruins but of course, the respect is there!
sosiosisisis.png

Hens could never replace the Bruins. They should try to spark up a rivalry with Arizona or something.

To a good game, you Boston bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad