OT: Afino's 2012-2013 Lockout-Ending OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson1379

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
I'll be sitting on my couch watching hockey for likely 14 hours or so whilst drinking beers and eventually yelling at the TV. It's been too long.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I actually set it up so both monitors are staring at each other , causing a spacetime distortion while they both watch each other for the same email.

It's been a long week. :)
True, the monitors' gravity does indeed distort space-time. Here's hoping they get back to you so it's not hanging over your head this weekend!

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
True, the monitors' gravity does indeed distort space-time. Here's hoping they get back to you so it's not hanging over your head this weekend!

Thanks!

I almost hope that they wait until like next Tuesday. My boss is a good friend, and I always told him that if I was looking, I'd let him know. He's been on vacation this week, so I didn't have a chance to tell him that the interview was scheduled, since that happened Monday. I'd almost not want him to come in Monday morning and have me tell him I'm leaving right away.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Thanks!

I almost hope that they wait until like next Tuesday. My boss is a good friend, and I always told him that if I was looking, I'd let him know. He's been on vacation this week, so I didn't have a chance to tell him that the interview was scheduled, since that happened Monday. I'd almost not want him to come in Monday morning and have me tell him I'm leaving right away.

When was the interview?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Wed afternoon. I'm aware that I'm looking for this WAAAAAY too early, but it's a great opportunity, so I have ants in my pants about it.

Yeah, I know that feeling. I'm always annoyed when I don't hear back within a few days, but for most companies it usually goes a couple weeks out before they have a decision. The only time I heard back sooner was when I left an interview and before I got home they left a message on my voicemail extending a verbal offer. :laugh:

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Yeah, I hear that. I've read elsewhere that this company will sometimes FedEx an offer packet too, but I dunno.

I interviewed with 5 people in 3 hours, and the 3 of them that were managers asked about start dates and salary, so I took that as a very good sign.

Maybe it will come as a nice Monday morning present.

EDIT: I actually just got some information that the CEO is reviewing every new hire, so I definitely should relax a bit. :p

Last edited:

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Tonight: going to try longhorn steak house with the gift card my boss gave me for Christmas
Tomorrow: running errands, relaxing and possibly taking the family to a movie
Sunday: work :cry:

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
So I've had my hopes raised and crushed in the same phone call. The girl I had fallen madly in lust over called and said that she missed me, wanted me to come to Vegas and see her. She asked if I still had her picture frame...which fricking goes off with that damn song every time I turn the light on or off in my room. Well as the conversation continues it ends up that she's still performing and doing quite well in Vegas, much better than San Antonio; so I'm happy for her. Then she casually mentions that she's been doing some AV work, so it put a damper on my desire to see her again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad