Affiliations Ending This Season?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Think the Wolves deal with Canucks is in its last year and would love for them to change. Who else is in the last year of their deals?

Each affiliation is different, but most franchises have a)either extended or have already announced extensions through 2015..... it's doubtful unless the relationship has been irrecoveably damaged, tht there will be any changes.

we have a sticky on this forum that covers that.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
The sticky doesn't cover his question, which was which affiliations are ending this year -- it just links to the AHL page that describes the current affiliations, and doesn't talk about their term.

That said, the Rangers own Connecticut, and the team's lease in Hartford is up after this season (I think), so while it's not a strict affiliation coming up, the Rangers _could_ decide to sell the team to someone and affiliate with someone else, if that were to be to their advantage somehow. Not strictly what the OP asked, but an outside possibility.

Not sure about any other affiliation expirations this summer.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I'm about 95% certain the Rampage/Panthers are still operating on a year-to-year agreement.

But they both seem pretty happy with the current setup.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Milwaukee and Nashville typically sign for 2 years and renew. That has been going on since 1998. It really doesn't make a difference if the term is up this summer or not. Neither team is looking elsewhere to the best of my knowledge.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Outlook not looking good for a Minnesota / Houston affiliation after this season ends. Without an alternate choice to play in the Houston area, if a deal isn't done with Toyota Center soon, Aeros will be moving elsewhere.

http://blog.chron.com/hockeystop/2013/01/outlook-grim-for-future-of-aeros-in-houston/
Interesting - though as a point of order, this is the FRANCHISE looking at a move, not an ending of an affiliation (which is what I think I recall the OP was looking for). This link might fit better on a Silly Season thread, which doesn't seem to have been started for this season...

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Interesting - though as a point of order, this is the FRANCHISE looking at a move, not an ending of an affiliation (which is what I think I recall the OP was looking for). This link might fit better on a Silly Season thread, which doesn't seem to have been started for this season...

I think the Wild own that franchise too...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad