Music: Aerosmith breaking up?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Haven't they had issue for a few years? Also when is the last time they created anything of relevance?

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
I think Steven Tyler 'fell off the wagon' and stage as well a few years back, I think he is better now, but it maybe time. When they came through my home town a few years back (we have pianos set up all through the park), and he was walking around before the show he did this. He seems like a nice guy.

Not my video, but pretty neat, would have liked him to continue the song but it seemed he was dragged away by his guards. Dream on.

Last edited:

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Also when is the last time they created anything of relevance?

Probably early 2000s. Just Push Play had a couple popular songs (Jaded being one). So yeah, 15 years. These days we have tons of rock bands that haven't put out anything relevant in many years, but continue to tour and get big crowds so they do so for as long as they can. What we end up seeing is people paying to see musicians who are in their 50s & 60s (or even 70s in the Rolling Stones case) playing songs that they wrote when they were in their 20s. To be fair to Aerosmith, they were one of the few rock bands who were able to reinvent their sound and stay relevant well beyond their early years. Steven Tyler was 53 when their last big song came out (Jaded). Can't say that's all too bad.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
been coming. it has turned into Tyler vs the rest of the band. When they were on tour either last year or year before, the band was in one bus and Tyler was on another and that is never a good thing

That's what I thought, seemed like his ego needed it's own bus.

JA

If the band wants to continue, Tyler can leave and they can find a replacement. They should expect to start playing smaller venues, however.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Steven Tyler is on the Mount Rushmore of insufferable people in rock history.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I'm a huge aerosmith fan and even I think it's about time. they've been a parody of themselves in the last years. Their last album was awful too.

Now, tyler is in his country fad. Good for him but i find it terrible. Joe perry is still awesome though... He seems to be having a blast with his new band with alice cooper and johnny depp.

I hope i can see them one last time, because they're a great live band.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
That's actually pretty common in rock.

actually no its not.

and in the case I am referring to

the band was on tour in Alberta--Steve decided to stay behind in Edmonton while the rest of the band was on the bus heading to Fort Mac(I think it was fort mac) and he flew up about 12 hours later.

While bands due travel in multi bus convoys--usually the band is in one and everyone else is in the other

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Saw them about eight years ago and figured they'd be over the hill then but they put on an amazing show. If they were nearby I'd see them for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad