Advisors - Good reputation (and poor)

PipeDream

Jun 3, 2021
I'm sure there are literally 1000's of advisors out there, but is there a place where someone can find a listing of some of the more reputable groups/people (and/or those who one should avoid at all costs)?

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
You're better off going with no advisor. No advisor can open any door a player can't open themself by playing to the best of their ability. No advisor can get a NCAA D3 level player onto a D1 roster. If the kid plays well, he doesn't need someone speaking on his behalf. His play on the ice does it for him.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
You're better off going with no advisor. No advisor can open any door a player can't open themself by playing to the best of their ability. No advisor can get a NCAA D3 level player onto a D1 roster. If the kid plays well, he doesn't need someone speaking on his behalf. His play on the ice does it for him.

Pretty much.

I'd also avoid Stephen Heisler and Joe Kolodziej like the plague.

kij

Jan 31, 2016
I'll run to the contrary of what the others have said. Well to an extent that is. An advisor CAN be the difference in getting a bubble player onto the better side of the bubble but as far as reputable advisors go, they're all scum trying to sell a dream. If you're able to go pro/D1/D3/USHL/etc., you can get there without an advisor. The player is always the best advocate for him/herself.

In short, an advisor can give you a very small push.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad