Advice?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Looking for a job at a rink with the possibility to coach is tough to find....

Anybody know of any rinks hiring that would give a person a chance to coach?

No certs, getting level 1 this year, hard working, been around the game for 9 years, can skate very well. Looking for a foot in the door. PM me if you have anything helpful.

Thanks

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Hockey Associations

Looking for a job at a rink with the possibility to coach is tough to find....

Anybody know of any rinks hiring that would give a person a chance to coach?

No certs, getting level 1 this year, hard working, been around the game for 9 years, can skate very well. Looking for a foot in the door. PM me if you have anything helpful.

Thanks

Suggest local hockey associations as they offer multiple opportunities compared to rinks where opportunities are limited.

Also with a hockey association you will be surrounded with experienced coaches, a defined structure and support at all necessary levels.

Good luck.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Well...didnt expect a mod to start a thread for me but thank you whoever you are!!

Im in tampa, really looking to get a job at a rink and get the experience to coach. As I will not be going to school and my playing days are over, I have been for years wanting to coach. The lack of certs as of right now along with a lot of places being volunteer only is hindering my opportunities. Florida is terrible. I have emailed every rink and almost all of them dont respond, a couple have and it has fallen flat. They dont follow up, down here in some aspects it s run kind of hush hush if you could believe it. Ive been in contact with about a dozen inquiries out of roughly 60? Most aren't hiring and its volunteer only. Therefore moving with paying rent is not an option when there is no income. i have been in contact with a couple directors of usah along with many from different associations.

The bad thing is Florida doesn't have anything to offer...been lookin elsewhere.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Most of the coaching in FL is volunteer work. I have yet to hear of a high school, rec. league, or travel coaching getting paid in FL. Almost all of the coaching at lower levels rec/travel is volunteer work. You got to start somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad