Advice on how to carry the puck more?

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
With all due respect, and I speak from a player development point of view (as that's one of my jobs in real life), skip things like the speed ladder. All that does is teach you how to be good at the speed ladder. It also promotes head down activity. Dynamic exercises with a stimulus for your eye and brain to react to is where we're at these days.

I don't know what resources are available to you, but the conversation was steered heavily towards an endurance and footwork point of view...so I would recommend a rec football or soccer league where you can log a ton of minutes.

Speed ladder is ok to get the blood moving...but it's choreographed. It teaches feet to be faster in a hopscotch scenario, but it really won't make you measurably quicker in a game scenario...unless someone lays out that same ladder for you on a breakout. Equivalent to learning to drive in a parking lot...it just teaches you how to drive around a parking lot haha

I'd be very interested in hearing more about drills that connect and keep your eyes/brains reacting too. I've never thought of that before but it makes a lot of sense.

Any drills/links/videos would be appreciated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad