advice for a sore groin???

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Let it heal till its 100%..

Or you can play still before it gets 100% and then it can get 2x worse...adn you have to recover longer..up to you.

qwertysac

Nov 14, 2008
Montreal, Qc
played pickup...... but you got checked? ... something seems off :help:

Anyways, i'd say just to be on the safe side you should wait till you feel 110%. (Unless youve got a big game or something coming up?) Sometimes it looks like your groin is ok and good to go, then you get back on the ice and BAM, like flyline88 said, gets 2x worse.

If youre still feeling any sort of discomfort at all, pretty much don't even bother playing, i can almost guarantee you will reaggravate it.

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
Let it heal till its 100%..

Or you can play still before it gets 100% and then it can get 2x worse...adn you have to recover longer..up to you.

Take it from someone who knows from personal experience, follow the above advice. You may end up missing a week or two, or even a month or two, but if you mess with it too soon you may end up missing an entire season.

GuitarAwesome

Feb 18, 2009
Exactly what they said, do not rush it, or you will be in a world of hurt. If it's just sore, try to keep off it, ice/heat rotations always work. If it still hurts alot after a few days, consult a doctor.

adaminnj

Leafs out = SPRING!
Feb 6, 2009
NJ
ICE, Ice, ice!

keep icing it. ice for 5 to 10 min then give it a rest for a while and then ice it again for another 5 to 10 min.

If this injury is as bad as you say you could be out for more than a month just to get back to the point you can walk without pain.

make sure you give it enough time to heal 100%. before you skate in a game.

As for speeding up healing, the Ice worked for me and I was given the ice advice from 2 different goalies.

Any chance you get keep it iced, and take Tylenol, Motrin or Aleve. I like Aleve the best.

this is the best part rub your groin (leg) with long strokes LOL (you know what I mean) nice and slowly only a few strokes after you ice to get the blood flowing. don't use heat!

That got me back out on the ice within 2 weeks with only a slight groin pull.

be careful and be positive. you'll be skating again before you know it!

Oh and you should find a better place to play shinny where the goons aren't so strong or there are no goons. Accidents will happen but to get checked while playing pickup Geezzz.

Last edited:

pcgflyers12*

just rest it, dont get out to soon. i mean prime example, look at briere.

just if it doesnt get better, go to the doc. and see what he/she says. but for now take it easy.,

densetsu

Wait until it's 100%, then wait even more.

First time I tore my groin, it felt 100% after six weeks, so I played the next week. First game was OK, second game I re-injured it. This time, it was 100% after six weeks again, but I waited an extra three weeks just to be sure.

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
I had a nasty Groin injury a few months ago. I couldn't bend my leg or walk without horrible pain.
I finally went to the doctor after 2 days and he gave me some inflammatory pills. Bingo. Right as Rain.

Jerome

Nov 8, 2007
I hope your groin is ok now, if you want to avoid groin problem's in the futures, try to do some Split-Squat in gym...

BadHammy*

Use ice ONLY for the first 24 hrs, then switch to the heating pad. Building up groin strength takes a long time and there are no shortcuts. Once you get back up to snuff, work on stretching, sharp turns and go find a bike.

PIMking

Mar 4, 2008
Tampa, Florida
Heat it. I have pulled a groin a couple of times in a couple of years. I learned how to strech alot better. Mine is sore right now from not playing for a couple of months but I just Strech when I wake up and strech before I go to sleeep.

I also massage it (get your minds out of the gutter) with the massage thing in the shower that seems to help alot also.

BadHammy*

Heat it. I have pulled a groin a couple of times in a couple of years. I learned how to strech alot better. Mine is sore right now from not playing for a couple of months but I just Strech when I wake up and strech before I go to sleeep.

I also massage it (get your minds out of the gutter) with the massage thing in the shower that seems to help alot also.

The conditioning is a huge part of it. Once you get to playing a few times a week for a year or so, you'll have it feel awful one night but it'll be fine the next morning.

PIMking

Mar 4, 2008
Tampa, Florida
The conditioning is a huge part of it. Once you get to playing a few times a week for a year or so, you'll have it feel awful one night but it'll be fine the next morning.

For a while when I was living in florida I had soccer practice and then I was the kicker on the football team so I booted about 30 FG's a day then hockey practice early fall.

I use to over work my legs alot. Groin soarness was normal but I would feel fine the next day or so.

Wingsrule

Mar 24, 2007
I have tweaked mine a couple of times. I ice for the first 24 hours and then I use Aspercreme and heat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad