WC: Advanced stats

MartinS

May 9, 2019
Actually I am not even able to find some basic stats like shots taken by a certain player etc... looks like IIHF does not care...
If somebody knows any place where to find some detailed stats please let me know.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
I know about his, but thanks.
I am looking for more detailed stats, at least how many shots has certain player taken etc, I am quite surprised that such a basic stat cannot be found anywhere.

As jonas2244 just posted on the team statistics page it is. Look further.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I know about his, but thanks.
I am looking for more detailed stats, at least how many shots has certain player taken etc, I am quite surprised that such a basic stat cannot be found anywhere.
Every year man, be it the WC or the World Juniors, it's always such a hassle finding information about these tournaments. I saw absolutely nothing on it about the pre-tournament games, and rosters weren't posted until 24 hours before the pre-lims started, and that ridiculous sound effect during the highlights (which are poor as it is,) that was 4x louder than the actual games lol.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yes, that's true. But websites of such events nowadays target another audience and not the geeks who want to know who shot how many times on the goal. It's sad that they forget those.

FabricatedArbitrage

Jun 26, 2018
Northern VA
btw to have to manually find such stats in some hidden PDF burried on IIHF website is laughable in 21st century... ))

I've been using scoreboard.com for all those player & Team stats- in addition to archive going back to 1988, they have boxscores & detailed H2H stats (Shots/Power Play/Penalty Kill/Faceoffa etc) going back to the 2012 Tourny AND player game logs for every game following the 2014 tournament (2015-today). Someone way better (than me) at coding/scraping sites could probably pull all that data into a .csv in under an hour?

In regards to the "Advanced Stats"
I don't think any of the arena's are equipped with the technology necessary to track & record shot locations- nor does the IIHF employ anyone to manually track that kind of data (which is obviously vital for deriving xGoal stats)- however, I recently came accross a Czech Fan that has manually tracked possession stats for a good chunk of Czech Republic games over the last few tournaments (and then turns that data into cool Tableau dashboards).
Here is his profile where he's posts everything.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: MartinS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad